HELP! MX-3 will only go 100 mph (speed governor)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Gkreator

Re: HELP! MX-3 will only go 100 mph (speed governor)

Post by Gkreator »

We all can go faster then 130 horses (animals that is) :p
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

For those that don't believe come drive my car. And yes it took a very long strip to get up to that speed. I think i could even go faster but I was almost home and other cars looked like they were standing still on the freeway so i started slowing down. I've driven to vegas in about 3hours and 20min witch is a 365 mile drive from my house.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

what do u define as Stock? once u change something on your engine then your no longer stock, if u swap a tranny your no longer stock so there fore we are right in saying there is no way u did 130 stock, im sorry ill never believe it. <P>the Rs is 233 pounds liter than the GS, its hard as hell to get the gs to 130, im not buying it sorry its not possible it will do it stock
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzdspd:<BR><STRONG>my sohc has hit 120 at about 3700 rpm so 130 is very possible. it takes a while to get there but can be done</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OOOKKKK :P<P>Either you're probably not geared like a normal mx3 or are lying a bit. With my stock DOHC I run like at 3500 rpm at 120 KM/H. I think your speedometers is using international mesures.<P>And as of "it takes a while to get there but can be done" - You should know that it's not because your redline is passed 6000 that you can reach it. I've not tested the max speed I could get from my car but I'm pretty sure the motor is going to stop accelerating before reaching the redline in 5th speed. There's not enough power to get from the motor. :roll:<p>[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: FroSTeD ]
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

GEAR RATIOs. That is why your GS won't top out as high. I did it on the SOHC motor using the stock SOHC F25m-R tranny. Go play Granturismo...build a car, put the adjustable FULL RACE tranny in it, then play with your gears & the final drive so you will understand what I'm telling. I've been there...done that....sorry your car(or maybe it's just you) can't, mine did.<P>PeAcE OuT!!!! ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

That's right, but if you put it too far you will lose power and losing power on 88hp is like... transforming your car into a golf kart. You would theoricaly be able to go faster but you NEED alot more power to do the trick.<P>Try it on GranTurismo :P
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Fastest ive ever gone is 115....dont know if i buy the whole 130 thing....ive got intake and straight pipe exhaust, not that that really makes a difference....Sorry guys wont believe it til i see it..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
drummer0821

Post by drummer0821 »

i HAD a 93 RS sohc<P>i topped it out at 121mph on stock rims with only intake <P><BR>(hahaha going downhill with a backwind and God sneezing behind me)<P> :D :D :D
- 93 Mx-3 Rs Auto -<BR>Kenwood Head Unit<BR>Kenwood 600 RMS 2channel amp<BR>2x 12inch Punch XLC subs<BR>Custom made sealed box
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

the only thing i have done to it is make a dual fan induced intake. I have two 120mm Delta fans pushing 190cfm on air each in to the intake. Witch would be 380cfm total, like a generic turbo
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

WTF are you doing with delta fans? Put them back in your computer :P
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Are you guys lookin' at the MPH or the KM/H on your speedo's? And that's a real questiong . . . ain't no joke!<P>one
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3 Ricer:<BR><STRONG>the only thing i have done to it is make a dual fan induced intake. I have two 120mm Delta fans pushing 190cfm on air each in to the intake. Witch would be 380cfm total, like a generic turbo</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO O MY HAHAHAHA :roll: :roll: :roll:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

geez!!! you must be running like 3 bars of boost on it with those fans!!! :roll:
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

hehe...bars of boost
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

am reading MPH, and I have know idea how much boost the fans give off. Hay if you cant afford a turbo charger improvise. Thats what they taught me in the Marines

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”