more problems....ebrake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryencool

more problems....ebrake

Post by Ryencool »

Ever since ive had the car my ebrake light has been on. The car still rolls backwards on hills ( semi steep ones ), but you cant push the car in neutral with the ebrake all hte way down. This is why my brake pads are going so quick my car guys says...coudl the be true? I asked him how much it would cost and he said it would be an hour to get it in so I couldnt, any ideas??
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
??????

Re: more problems....ebrake

Post by ?????? »

I had the same problem kinda my ebrake would stick and not release the car still moved and rolled back to but it just sucked so to fix it just take off the back wheel look on the other side of the rotor you'll see were the ebrake is and a lever kinda thing just hammer it back some and make soo you can turn your rotor easly by hand while doing this hope this helps save so you dont have to pay some guy to fix it :)
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

hammer back!? there should be a screw that adjusts that (take rotor off) turn it till you can move the brake wit ur hand
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

does the ebrake light come on too when the car low on brake fluid? just asking cuz my accord was like that.
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

let me make you feel a lil' better. i park in the school lot, arm my alarm, turn around, start walking in. i hear my alarm going off. i turn around to see my car rolling acruss the lot. thankfully, it rolled diagonally into the only open spot in a 100 foot radius, and a concrete slap stopped me. i got REAL lucky. cable broke, is what it was.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”