BPT Swap Going Down in Canada

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kohlf

BPT Swap Going Down in Canada

Post by kohlf »

All right then ... Here it is ... I have a BPT Lined up for my '92 RS ... only problem is that it is an automatic ... So I would like to know if anyone has done this swap yet ... Whether it be the 1.6 SOHC - BPT switch up or the ATX - MTX swap ... Hopefully someone in Canada has done this swap so that they can help me out with extra costs and such ... I don't want to go through Corksport simply because they are in the states ... And customs is a b---- on a regular basis ... A-Spec only deals in KL-xx engines and accesories for the MX-3 ... So somebody get back at me ... I know I will need some extras but I want to be at least semi prepared ... cheers :D
Take 'er easy ... if she's easy take 'er twice ... SHIBBY
natural born honda killer

Re: BPT Swap Going Down in Canada

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i just posted some onfo and prices on the bpt swap in this forum. those are in usd but at least you can have something to start from. the whole auto to man swap is something i have no idea as to where to start. therefore you will need a few other things im sure.if anything just call corksport and ask derrick if its possible to keep the auto with the bpt swap but if you dont want it then call him and ask derrick about how to do a auto to man swap. he might know ???????<P>the bpt will be ready this thursday afternoon :)<BR>just in time for summer
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
kohlf

Re: BPT Swap Going Down in Canada

Post by kohlf »

Thanks Bro' ... I did read your post and it was helpful but I still figured Canadian prices would be nice ... I did phoen Derrick and he said somewhere around $1000 for the ATX - MTX ... A local scrap yard has like 5 Protege out back so they are gonna hook me up with a 5 spd ... funny thing is the son of the scrap yard owner is a member of some Honda Performance "TOUGH GUY GANG" in this area ... HAHAH ... Can't wait to blow by their asses with parts bought from their own back yard ... Wish me luck ... cheers :D
Take 'er easy ... if she's easy take 'er twice ... SHIBBY

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”