BPT swap in progress

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
natural born honda killer

BPT swap in progress

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i just dropped my baby off today at the good ole shop to get my mx some balls attached. hopefully shell be up and runnin by this weekend. shell be so pertty :). and yes im still prayin for ya crev mx-3. oh and my engine and tranny showed up but ups decided to be greedy and keep my BOV, ecu, and not like id need them but my axles decided to get too attached and stay with ups also. so i guess im just gonna havwe to wait for the damn extra stuff to get there. i think there going to go ahead and start working on the swap unless it takes ups a while to deliver. wish me luck everyone cause i think i might need it. :roll: :mad: :eek:
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Re: BPT swap in progress

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

sweet deal bro. i talked to derrick yesterday after he called the shippers and told me my engine would be there tomorrow morning(today). they'll look it over, do comp checks and send it out with the rest of my stuff on friday. now if i could just get those damn people to verify they sent my damn i/c. i should have gotten my i/c from somewhere else..maybe corksport. that way it would all be shipped at the same time. but oh well. keep us posted on your progress.<p>[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
codene

Post by codene »

crev- you found someone in jax to do the swap yet?
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

well, i should get my motor and other stuff within 5-7 days. talked to derrick today. the motor looks good and the comp is good to go. now i just need to get those punks at rells performance/rpm to send me my freakin' i/c. <P>codene...i found someone but i'm going to get my father-in-law to help me do the swap. i'd rather do it this way anyway. save money plus learn about the motor. when are you planning on doing this swap?<p>[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
solace

Post by solace »

cre8v, <BR> I live in jax as well, who did you find to do the swap and much did they want to charge for the work? I'm lookin into doin the same swap for mine.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

hey. where at do you live? the only place i found worth getting it done at was speed craft engineering. they charge about 850 for the swap...with no garauntee that it will work since they know absolutely nothing about mazda's. especially this swap. another place down the road from them said he'd do it for 600 and the motor...yeah right! when are you going to do this swap? i might be able to help you after i do mine. let me know.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

well just as an update. they have my engine out and are getting ready to put my BPT in. all their waiting for is the hub thing from corksport since my hub bolt thing decided to pop off on one side and then take two thousand yes 2000 lbs and not budge or even squeeze a fart. so they have to get another one. then they are waiting for my tranny engine mount that was never sent and a couple of plugs. then they are waiting for the damn half shaft axle thing that supposedly fell off of the shipping truck in route so they should know something today about that. then they should be getting the engine mount from mazda today so all in all they said def. if everything gets here on time that it def should be ready by a week from today. so next wednesday will be the judgement day. wish me luck and crev im prayin for you to get the i/c :) i wiil try to get some times with it if i can but all ive got to say is the hell with shipping xause thats what has screwed me over and taken this swap so long.<P><BR>thanks for letting me rant
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
solace

Post by solace »

cre8v, i actually live right outside j-ville in callahan, i plan to do the swap a few months down the line after i get my body kit paid off and put on and i learn a little more about what i need to do the swap. Drop me your e-mail address if you want, cause i wanna get a few questions to you and maybe i can come check out your swap when its finished.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

check your e-mail
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

well they finally have the engine in there and just need to hook up the i/c. which will be very easy. finish putting the hub on and the tranny mount and the bov. so all i have to say is the mx3 was made for that engine. they hooked up the prm to the bpt and that engine fills out the engine bay completely. it looks perfect. well the car will or should be ready by this wed depending on when the stuff from corksport finally gets here. ill update you on everything but they said that it was going in very well and said they werent having any probs. so this swaps not to difficult.<P>im praying every night :D
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
codene

Post by codene »

600 + the engine huh? sounds good to me. im aiming for august so itll be a while but ive already started saving for it. oh and i got a second job so all that money is going to the bpt scholarship fund.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

well, i got my engine in yesterday. now i just have to make sure that my i/c was re-shipped next-day air. as long as that works out..i'll be a happy man. if everything does work out, i'll be doing the swap this weekend.<P>***update***<BR>i just got off the phone with rpm. they are waiting for ups to come and pick up my i/c. i should have it by friday if not tomorrow.<p>[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

can one of you guys post the extra stuff u needed for the swap? like trannies, ecu , that kind of thing. And the protege trannies will work right? but what years or is it the year or your car? and do u guys have the protege ecu's or the stock? <BR>oooh yeah and space wise : did the side have to be pushed back on the passengers side? <BR>when u guys get the motors running and driving i'd like to know how bad the torque steer is as well, or what you guys have done to prevent it.<BR>thanx guys,i wanna do this swap and soon b/c my friend just got a 95 civic coup with a b16a thats got a gsr head/ecu ,type r intake manifold, and other stuff(he got on it today and 1st went to 60 mph); and there's no way im gettin showed up by a honda.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”