BPT Swap prices

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
natural born honda killer

BPT Swap prices

Post by natural born honda killer »

this is all for a 95 DOHC 1.6l mx-3.<P>BPT 990.00<P>1.8l DOHC flywheel 75.00<P>act clutch 262.00<P>throw out bearing<BR>and pilot bearing 34.00<P>90-94 protege 5sp tranny <BR>and axles about 575.00<P>mazdaspeed motor mounts 160.00<P>94-96 miata oil pump<BR>assembly(not sure but <BR>they think you might <BR>need the crank pulley <BR>and trigger) 214.43<P>rx-7 2nd gen fuel <BR>pump from autozone 117.00<P>Super-AFC 351.00<P>Turbo X BOV Type S 100.00<P>shipping about 200.00<P><BR>so thats about all you need other than some gauges, the install.<P>your welcome for anyone who cares :)
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Re: BPT Swap prices

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

don't forget the tranny mounts/brackets...the b6's won't fit
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

thats what the mazdaspeed motor mounts are for. they include the tranny mounts and everything. sorry should have put that on there when i did it the first time.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

even the tranny-motor mounting hardware? i don't think mazdaspeed does those. you should be able to get it with your tranny.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

well im gettin everything from corksport so they told me it includes everything so its in there somewhere in those prices. also what gauges do i need? I know boost, air/fuel, but what else and how would i mount those cause i only have the 2 gauge pod holder thing. so any ideas would be great. im thinking of taking the a/c vent out on the driver side of the steering wheel since it doesnt blow air worth a s---. so i guess i might do that but id rather it be somewhere else. just need to know about the gauges.<P>thanks
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if you're only going to use two gauges, then get an egt along with your boost. the a/f gauge helps, but not as good as the egt. i don't use my ac vents so all three on the drivers side are being used. i've even gone the whole winter just using the defrost and floor vents and i can live with it like that.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

or you could get a walbro 255 like i did have have a far superior pump... also it cost about the same
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i found out today that you don't need the miata set-up. the 4cyl mx's don't have crank sensors except maybe the 96.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

yeah thats what i found out also about the oil pump assembly. also for anyone thats doing this swap corksport said and i credit cre8v mx3 for letting me know but there is a place in california that can reprogram the mx-3 ecu to have the same fuel map i guess it is as the BPT which will make it run just like the stock BPT ecu and runs about 250-300 dollars. well worth it i think. so that means no S-afc for now and probly no a/f guage even though ill probly get one anyways. thanks cre8v mx3 for the info. that really helps very much.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

no prob. always trying to help. about the ecu. yeah, cs goes through another company to do it but i think it would be easier to go through cs. from what derrick said, you can buy a chipped ecu from them and when you install it, just send them your stock one. that way you don't have to go w/o it or buy an extra one. i believe this also cures the timing situation. so everything is just plug and play. there are two possible problems with this swap. i believe there might be a poblem with a coolant sensor and the tps. in either case, you just have to swap it out for the b6 sensor. as far as the tps goes, it might fit, but some models have different plugs. you can either use the b6 tb assembly or you can replace the shaft with the b6's. if you use the b6 tb, you'll want to get it bored out.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”