Car wouldn't start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Car wouldn't start

Post by mitmaks »

Im truck driver and parked my car in the company yard for couple weeks. Today I came home, started my car and drove to store to get a couple items. I came out later and car wouldn't start like totally dead. I used my booster pack and it wouldn't start, another guy tried to give me jump start and still it wouldn't start. Finally my brother came and we push started it. I drove back home and shut it down my driveway, went to restart it and it started up just fine, several times.
I wonder what was wrong? Battery is fairly new and I drove it from company yard to the store good 20 miles or so, battery should've had enough time to recharge.
i think when I come home next time I'll load test battery and maybe check starter, remove it and take it auto parts store to check it on their test bench. Anything else I can do?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Car wouldn't start

Post by Daninski »

Check the battery wire at the starter for corrosion.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
lewismak

Post by lewismak »

I would check the ground connection as well as the ignition switch.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

If you didn't hear any noises sounds like ground. Otherwise could be sticky solenoid, a whack with a hammer can dislodge it temporarily.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I load tested battery and it showed that it was not holding charge, recharged it and so far its been able to start the car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”