Which optima battery

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
uk_mx3_guy

Which optima battery

Post by uk_mx3_guy »

Hi all,

I am about to relocate my battery to the boot and will be buying an optima yellow top but which one?

Which one do other have?

Thanks in advance

Jon
UK 94 2.5L KL-ZE V6 MX3, KL-68 TB, Chipped ECU, Green Air Kit, Exceedy Race Clutch, Hand made exhaust system, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Black Diamond Drilled & Grooved Disks with Black Diamond Predator Pads
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Which optima battery

Post by mitmaks »

I think optima batteries are crap imho. I had one and once it dies it doesn't hold charge. I basically wasted $200 on battery that I've used several times and now it's just a core battery that I might get $8 if I buy another one.
I do recommend interstate batteries, pretty good quality.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

D35 I think. I got them at the end of her life, but one sits in my Xterra as my secondary.

I've had no problems with them. I ran dual red tops in my Mx-3, they were good for about 4 years and I got them replaced under warranty and sold then. I got the yellow tops and I've been running a yellow top in the Xterra since before I joined the army, and that's going on 5 years, so it's gotta be around 6 years old. It's a D34/78 for both the top and side posts which helps for all my accessories attached to it. I keep saying it's due, she had a hard time in -20*C, but then again, it is -20*C, and she still tuned over just enough at -30. My Xterra's secondary is older, that one sat around unused for 2+ years, so she's gotta be 7 years old. That one's a D34
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lewismak
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by lewismak »

I bought my optima redtop 3 years ago from 4 wheel online, and never had any problems. No trouble every time my car starts. Worth the extra cost.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”