kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3

Post by kulluminati777 »

So unfortunately My wife was driving the car last night and was rear ended while pulling into the parking lot. My son and I were at home so he wasnt harmed. My wife is a little sore and shackin up but she is alright as well. the MX3 however is toast... I had just got my CF hatch on a few days ago too :crying: :crying: :crying:

her in her final state

So it looks like this is the end of the road for my mazdaspeed MX3. It was fun. Like i posted on FB i gave alot of blood sweat and tears into this car and for it all to be just smashed in one night is heartbreaking. I wont be getting another shell as I cant replace this car. If you couldnt tell by my 40+ page worklog I loved her dearly. She wasnt just a car to me. She had a soul as stupid as that sounds. There are negotiations going on with a few members about buying the car as a whole how it sits because I dont want to part it out and really dont have the time to do so. Plus I couldnt reverse the years of hard work. I would rather junk it and have it crushed as a whole or have someone else do it and im no where around. The bits on it are rare but even if it was a stock GS like the day i picked it up I would love it the same and wouldnt want to part it out.
Last edited by kulluminati777 on November 27th, 2014, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Jimbo1177

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

Post by Jimbo1177 »

Sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad to hear your wife is okay!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Man that thing got seriously messed up, glad your wife is okay.
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

Count your blessings that your wife is okay.
A car, no matter how loved, how special, is only that... a memory of fun, and of pride.
But had you also lost your wife, that would have been more devastating than ever.

I can understand not wanting to part her out... so much time spent finding the impossible pieces.

But where you have loved this little MX3, maybe some other car will fill the hole. But give it time.

Here's to you good sir. My condolences on a lost love, but relief that your car was all you lost.

-Rogue Wolf.
wertys

Post by wertys »

Out of the subject here but... how the hell did your car get rust in California. Sorry for not knowing but I've always told myself i'd be better buying a car there xD
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

wertys wrote:Out of the subject here but... how the hell did your car get rust in California. Sorry for not knowing but I've always told myself i'd be better buying a car there xD

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Im glad she is ok as well. If not i wouldnt even be grieving over the car. I know at the end of the day its just a car.

The car actually has only been in california for 2 years. The carfax i got said it was originally bought in new jersey in 1993 and in 1999 by military records the car arrived in germany by boat and didnt leave germany till 2012. So its seen some harsh winters. The rust on the quarter panel is in that same spot on the other side as well. It just wasnt all the way through. So it wasnt to noticable. The accident made sure it was showin for sure. I had plans to start body work in the next few months and had money all saved up and started to buy tools and supplies I needed even had a spot to spray. Now i had to use that money to get me another car to get to work. :crying: :crying: I got a 2005 VW jetta. I hate it lol. Now i just blend in with the rest of society. No more turning heads. Not sure if it was "WTF is that ugly ricer thing" or "wow cool car" but it was turning heads :lol: :lol: But it would be a smart idea to get a car here. There have been mx3's out here in the junk yard that if you just pressure wash the under side everything would look like the day it came from the factory. But at work I have been under a few cars that are from the bay area that are insanely rusty but are only 6 or 7 years old if that much. So there is a line were they look perfect for years or they get really bad the closer you are to the ocean.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

your close by, you should have bought Dan[sac]s probe!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

I'll miss updates to this worklog, beautiful MX3. Glad your wife is ok... keep the salvageable parts and start a new project!
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
wertys

Post by wertys »

just look at the tension on the muffler rubber mount xD
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Really a loss for the community.

Hopefully you will decide to either sell the rare parts you've collected or sell to total to somebody. Scrap is such a shame.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry to hear about the car but glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. So close to Xmas too. Blaaa.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Could you not get an other Mx-3 to swap your parts over? It looks like all the good stuff survived intact, including the CF hatch and the muffler?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So the car is officially long gone. Im pretty sad. Of course in the end im happy the wife is ok but i miss my baby. I miss starting it up in the morning and hearing that nice exhaust note. Or just zipping in and out of traffic, dusting off unsuspecting opponents in a race and the looks good and bad I would receive coasting down the road. Or even the random people asking me about the car and me talking to them about MS this or rare that. You notice alot of the little things you enjoy owning a car thats not around much on the streets when you dont have one any more. I TEMPORARILY drive a 2009 VW Jetta. I hate it. I just blend in to society now but I only got it because the MX3 was my only car and I needed something immediately to get to work in. The family loves the car because now my son has room and my wife isn't dodging pot holes or going over speed bumps side ways. Its just a normal everyday car. I get a tad bit of joy though knowing they are happy. I will have another toy as soon as im done with school and get a chance to get a house with a garage to actually do work in. Thats one of the reasons I left the MX3 game. I have no where to start over really. Also I loved the car I had. I couldnt just put all the bits on another. My plans is to get a RX7 FD chassis of any year in any shape and build it from the ground up with a LS anything in it. I have researched the costs of everything and it seems like something I would REALLY want to do and can actually afford that would give me the same satisfaction my MX3 build gave me. Plus i have had a MX6 and the MX3 now its time to dip into the RWD game and mod mazdas greatest road going car. I want to ditch the rotary because they are actually very overrated (without a turbo there garbage) for the trouble you have to go though to maintain and keep them alive. Cool concept motor just not for me. Plus I might dress the car with some MS body kit. We will see. Anyway this is a post for some closure on my mx3 journey and me posting on this site unless another MX3 falls into my lap. But my next one will be a turbo BP for even if i have to swap one into a GS. So the parts from my Mazdaspeed MX3. yeah I said it. Well they all pretty much went to one man who shall remain nameless but they are in the best place they could possibly be. Very cool guy I just hate I could never get shots of my car in its prime with one of his many projects. As i was taking the parts off the car I was shocked at actually how much stuff I had and the stories behind how I got most of the parts. Photo taken by mark koerbel.

and the car went to the bone yard. the place were most cars go to die .Here are some photos of the car in its final state off to its funeral.

And the last picture of this car at the scrap yard. Goodbye. You will be missed :(

And i love this photo so I will post it using my own pic hosing site just incase superK decides to delete it off his lol.

Jimbo1177

Post by Jimbo1177 »

Thanks for the update. Glad some of the parts were salvaged and found a good home. Sorry again for your loss. Good luck with your RX-7 project. Sounds like fun!

BTW, how hard are Mazdaspeed seats like that to find? They look great!
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

This is very sad..Loved your worklog.It took many years to build it..And all these rare parts....
But hey,don't leave from the site.I am waiting new pic from your upcoming beast:)
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”