KL intake manifold on k8.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
metallinen

KL intake manifold on k8.

Post by metallinen »

Hi guys ! I'm looking forward to this mod.
Except the runners not having the same shape, what will it do?
I'm thinking of swapping the intake and the cams (maybe a kl-de intake and then port it) and kl31 cams.
Along with interprep valve springs and also maybe swap in kl-de valve retainers.
Goal : 8500-9000 rpm K8. Looks like it was already done @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJfAIlYmYU
I want something different. I have my mx-3 since its 72'000 km. Now i'm at 164'000 km and still running like a champ. Why would i swap in an engine i don't know its history !
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: KL intake manifold on k8.

Post by SuperK »

There are several KL intake manifolds. If you choose a KL intake manifold from a 98+ 626 then it will have the same shaped ports.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
metallinen

Post by metallinen »

Up ? Thanks for the info about the klg4 intake ! I want to know the pros and cons of this mod :P
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

less torque, more high end. Its the intake I'm running on my K8 atm since my Kl died.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
metallinen

Post by metallinen »

Still running the oem ecu ? or kl ecu ? and injectors.. u using 1.8 or 2.5? Does the top end make for the loss of torque ?
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

metallinen wrote:Still running the oem ecu ? or kl ecu ? and injectors.. u using 1.8 or 2.5? Does the top end make for the loss of torque ?
Back to running a k8 ecu, Vaf, and fuel injectors/rail. Definitely a loss of torque but theres more zing on the high end however I wouldn't say it makes up for the loss of what little torque the k8 has to offer to begin with. I mainly did it for ease of install as I had already deleted most the vacuum lines to run it with my KL, you get to lose quite a few and you can delete the front breather if you grab a Klg4 front valve cover and pcv lines well. Also my car mainly sees highway mileage so the stop and go doesn't really bother me if I loose a little off the line.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
metallinen

Post by metallinen »

Ok nice, thanks for the info :P

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”