kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah those are the MS03's i like those wheels. I always wanted to get a set if I got another MX3. That set is rather expensive though. They do fit an MX3 like a glove but they were developed for the miata. I want to say they came out before the MS-01R roadster wheels and the Aspec kit stuff...

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So couple of days ago I found a little upgrade at the Pick and pull. There a little prettier than my homemade scuff plates :mrgreen:

DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

Now these are VERY Rare..
Did jdm version had mx3 stump?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

You dont know rare till you see what I have coming in the mail :freak: :freak: yeah the JDM cars only had "presso" or AZ3" stumps if its the scuff plates you are talking about. I figure I have aluminum pedals that say mx3 and it says mazdaspeed enough in the interior ill get a set of these. Its funny because ill say i want this or that for the car and in due time I get it. I cant think of one thing left on my wish list. Except maybe Individual throttle bodies and a rebuilt motor with new and upgraded internals but that will be down the road when i get a chance to tear this car apart and rebuild it from the ground up.

I have been working on a little project at home. I only have one hand so it was a little hard. I will be redoing it because I messed up but I wanted to share my "prototype" :lol: :lol:

Its a hatch garnish wrapped in REAL carbon fiber. I was talking to a buddy I met at the track and he makes CF parts. I showed him my car and told him I would love to get a hatch garnish made to go with my hood and sunroof. He told me how the parts are made and it seemed pretty simple. I told him ill make a mold and a fiberglass base and he said that is a dumb idea. It would only be good if the part was made of steel. Since it was a light plastic he said just get real CF and wrap the stock garnish. It would be 3x heavier and might not fit right if it was fiberglass.

The prototype initially came out REALLY good. I just had to sand it and polish it. Like an idiot I added another coat of resin and didnt add enough hardener and ruined the piece. When ni went to sand it again the resin started to gum up in some areas. Im sad but i will be redoing the peice again when my hand is healed. I just put it on the car for now to see if I even like it and even though it looks like throw up I LOVE IT :lol: :lol: :lol: I cant wait to redo it. Haveing carbon on the hood roof and hatch really makes the car look good from all angles now lol

It looks ok right? well iin the sun it looks 10000X worse :throwup: :throwup:

I will be redoing the part so have no fear MX3 community. I just wanted to show you guys what I been up to and give others ideas.

WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Good initiative but it needs some TLC :lol:
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
wertys

Post by wertys »

i've seen your interest in the set of ms-03 wheels, they're my favourite IMO and if you can manage to get them, i'd defenitely look great on your car!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

WhiteFinish wrote:Good initiative but it needs some TLC :lol:
Hardy har har :D . But as I said once my hand is better I will be redoing it. If i didnt put the second coat of resin on it would of came out perfect :crying: :crying: :crying:
wertys wrote:i've seen your interest in the set of ms-03 wheels, they're my favourite IMO and if you can manage to get them, i'd defenitely look great on your car!
There not to hard of a wheel to find. There ALOT more common than a MS01 or MS01S wheels.Maybe because they were MX5 roadster specific. There always on the japan auctions every single time I browse through them. Yeah if (most likely when :lol: ) I get a second MX3. I will go with those wheels I bet. Trying a 4CYL turbo my next MX maybe a wrap around spoiler and a youdirtyfox front for aesthetics
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Wet block sand, then UV clear coat at least 3 coats and it should look just fine.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So some good news and bad news.

Ill start with the bad because the good news is oh so juicy. I went to go put on my new pierce motorsport lateral links but was HALTED by the rusty seize bolts holding my old ones on. I attacked them with my impact and nothing. Didnt even budge. I will get some PB blaster Next weekend but I doubt it will work. I know this car too well to know that that bolt is fused to the hub. My CV axles were the same way. If I dont get them off its no biggie because that gives me a real reason to grab a rear subframe and rear hubs from these ZERO rust donors out here in California. Ill then get them powder coated and throw them on with my new arms but I kinda hope it doesnt come to that because I dont have money to really spend like that at this very moment and I want my arms on NOW! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So now to leave on a good note. I did get my ZX2 trailing arms on and they were definitely an improvement. Mainly because my old ones were INSANELY rusty and the bushings in them were dust but i know them being tubular and lighter have a little bit of an effect. I get way less wander and weave in the rear while im accelerating out the corner or braking into one. I still get a wander in the corner which leads my to wanting to change the lateral links even more. I cant wait to stiffen that rear end up. If i was REALLY balling out of control I would get the pierce motorsport rear subframe but that wont be until I get another car and am finished with school.

So enough boring good news now the JUICY good news. The moment you have all been waiting for. The rarest MX3 part known to man a MAZDASPEED 25MM FRONT SWAY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red:

As you can see I have the 22mm rear mazdaspeed bar as well because I had to buy it to get the front :crying: :crying: but what ever. I figure ill just sell my whiteline bar and keep the mazdaspeed MX3 100% authentic. They are both in great shape minus a ton of black overspray from when the car they came on was painted and the part number stickers are missing but the "goop" from them is still there...odd....I measured them with a dial caliper to make sure they were the real deal and there is no rust on them (most of the rear MS bars i have found through the years were crazy rusty) so this is a great accomplishment for me. Im a tad bit sad because this makes my days of collecting complete. I will be installing the front bar in a few weeks and of course ill post pics of that. The rear im not in too much of a hurry because the whiteline one (the same 22mm bar) is there doing its job and I want to do the lateral arms and the rear sway bar at one time not raise and lower the car 20 times in 20 days to do different jobs....
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

PBlaster, nutsoff, and similar products aren't very effective.
My local shop gave me an excellent tip.
Mix acetone and transmission fluid and soak the bolt in that solution overnight. The acetone will penetrate the threads and feed the transmission fluid in. The acetone will then evaporate off so you don't accidentally light things on fire.
Then torch the bolts. you may be able to break them free without... breaking them.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Good luck with the bolts...i managed to get the sub frame side loose but couldn't get the knuckle side loose on my car... ended up having to get new knuckles and bolts...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:My local shop gave me an excellent tip.
Mix acetone and transmission fluid and soak the bolt in that solution overnight. The acetone will penetrate the threads and feed the transmission fluid in. The acetone will then evaporate off so you don't accidentally light things on fire.
I tried that once, they wouldn't mix and the ATF turned into globs at the bottom of the bottle.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I will try anything but I think my bolts at the subframe end will come out I didnt try them. I just tried the hub bolt and it did not move so I gave up. Maybe I can get away with just getting only new hubs for now. :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So the rear end is on the back burner for now. Ill deal with it once I get a tad bit of cash and time to buy some rear hubs from the PnP.

But this weekend was monumental. With the help of the coolest guy I have met since being out here in california (Dan[sac]) I got the MS front sway bar on and by help I mean he did most of the work and I tired to assist lol. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I havent got a chance to really test out the bar just yet because I need new endlinks. I did ALOT of research on a bigger front bar because everyone knows the fundamentals of sway bar sizing and your drive train relationship and I dont think that applies to EVERY single vehicle as a standard. I think each chassis is designed different from what works for that car and what will work for the next. I found out eibach makes larger front sway bars for the FWD cars on its website and there the gurus when it comes to aftermarket suspension upgrades that are still streetable. The Integra type R. The greatest handling FWD chassis of all time has a 25mm front and 22mm rear bar and mazdaspeed engineers and drivers knew what they were doing when they tuned the car from the ground up. The fact that this car HAS to have every mazdaspeed piece in the brochure Unless there is something better adds to the bar going on the car as well.

It took awhile to drop the sub frame but not as long as I thought and once the old bar came off I was shocked at how light it was. So it is indeed hollow. I mean the MS bar is only so much bigger but it was easily 4 times heavier. Anyway here are some pics of this epic moment. I say that because I have been scouring the earth looking for this holy grail this seems to be the only front bar on the planet lol :D. I have ran into tons of rear bars so those aren't hard to find but I have never even seen the front bar in pics or on the web or anything and say someone did have it, It takes ALOT of work to take it back off to sell it so the ones that did sell got crushed with the car or are still on and and someone has no idea what they have. I just got real lucky somehow.

A side by side comparison.

Minus the actual weight Dan and I had to double check I indeed have the real deal front MS bar.

OEM

MS

Then we got everything taken off the MS MX3. It was cool because we didnt have to remove the subframe all the way to the ground. Just lowered it a bit and slid the oem one out and put the MS one in. The endlinks and reassembling the traction bar is what gave the most trouble through the whole process :(

It looks like its right at home...

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Today I got a few more bits. I was talking to a kid at school about his crashed mazdaspeed protege and he said he still had the LSD and that he would let it go for cheap. I asked him if it was the welded third addition from protege garage.com and he assured me it was. When I seen it the following week indeed it was NOT. So I had to pass. The funny thing is that I looked on ebay to satisfy my LSD hunger and coincidentally I found a welded third edition limited slip diff for a little bit more than what this kid was going to sell me his for but WAY less than you would get from protege garage brand new. It will be a little while before I put it in as I want to get a low mileage transmission from a 626 (with the better MPG 5th gear). I also just found in the back of my storage some corksport bronzeoil bushings. Ill throw those in once I get money for a B&M short throw. I just wanted to leave pics of my mazdaspeed LSD made by tochigi fuji here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”