kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol I didnt even see that there. Its been sitting in the closet for so long collecting dust its sad. I cant fit it over my curve neck manifold with the outlaw thermo spacers and ksports. I know some people have shaved the manifold down in order to get the bar to clear and added nuts under the bar ends but that only works with stock strut tops. The ksport studs on there coilovers arent long enough for all the nuts and washers you would need THEN i have to chop into the hood. I been looking for ways around this for awhile now and have only a few answers. 1) go back to stock struts and springs which will never happen 2) take off the spacers but i dont want to. I like how cool they keep the manifold or 3) get a straight neck for my KLZE.

Thats the easiest most functional and best looking way. Im actually trying to get all the stuff I need for a straight neck right now. Its flat on top and I think the bar would fit right over with no problems whats so ever and i can run thermospacers as well and wont have to chop into my hood or add nuts under the bar. I need the manifold and a battery relocation kit. So I put those on my "stuff i want list" but being married i have to thin out how much car stuff i buy at a time unless its on the "stuff I need" list.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Not much to update now. I removed my Outlaw intake spacers so I can put my strut bar on for this years Mazfest. Its a car show/race day for mazdas at willow springs and I want to be able to participate in both I been wanting to track at willow since I got here to cali. Unfortunatly I learned a HUGE lesson when i did my gaskets. Always check your packages. I went out side with all my tools. Set up. Ripped the intake off change the valve cover gaskets then went to open my package I had got with my intake manifold gaskets in it and BAM. There was only one gasket in there. Im like WTF?!?! Could of swore i order 2 but whatever. You would think the easy thing to do would be put the spacers and those gaskets back on (they are reusable) but when i took the intake off the gaskets had somehow glued themselves to both the manifold and the heads and looked like a peeled sticker. I have no idea how this happened. Never happened on my K8 and this is the first time i have taken them off since i put them on 6 months or so ago. So i had to sit there and scrape them off being careful not to damage the mating surfaces. Took an hour bent over a low car. My back is killing me now :crying: :crying:

Anyway I call every part store in the city to see if they have millenia intake gaskets in stock and only one store had them... everyone else would have to order them and they wouldnt be here till friday......ridiculous. O´rileys was able to order some and they would be here the next day around 1pm. Cool. So i tell them to place the order. I go to pick them up the next day and of course there over priced felpros (29.99+ tax) Im in a bind so I pay. Im also told there is only one in the box so i get 2 boxes....I get home open the box and to my surprise there is 2 gaskets in one box. :evil: :evil:

Then to add fuel to my fire of anger there ROUND!!!!! There for a V6 mazda but there for a KLDE. I told the guy 95 millenia 2.5 But whatever :evil: :evil:

I will be returning them Wednesday when im out and about but come on this is silly. A simple job spirals downhill fast. I attempted to use some RTV gasket maker but its not working for me. Maybe im stupid or something. It seals but around 600-1000 RPM the car runs like garbage and sometime after taking it out of gear it will die. The only problem could be that the gasket stuff didnt seal the mani 100% and me having a vacuum leak. I think ill clean everything up and re gunk up my mani with this stuff as a band aid. But i never been a fan of using this in the place of a gasket and this is why. I did put on my painted KLG4 valve cover though. I also painted and took the coil out my disty just cause. I forgot to take pics of it before it was installed but its just a standard gold with ALOT of gold pearl and a bit of course aluminum in it. Nothing to fancy lol.

I also did a test fit of my bar and it fits now yeah :D At least there is some good out of this stupid fiasco. I just need to get some more strut nuts and bolt it down.

I also just got some pierce motorsports rear lateral links and ZX2 trailing arms. I ordered the thick rally arms with the sway bar tab welded to it but i requested the bar that doesnt have to be welded be made with the gold bars he has. There a thinner metal but im sure there STILL stronger, lighter, and better than the oem or mazdaspeed lateral links. I have cleared the gold arms (rear arms) and painted the sway bar arms (front arms). I will install them when I get time this week and i will put pics up here. Here is what they looked like fresh out the box

Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

looking good! Never noticed till now but I like the painted disty. As for your gaskets, just get hightack spray gasket, its even what subie owners use for OEM headgasket jobs, it works wonders and still does a clean even job. As for your strut bar, has anyone ever looked into making a spacer kit for the strut mounts like the wheel spacers that bolt on and have the studs rotated 25* so you can bolt on top of them? Just an idea that doesnt seem like it would be that hard to make, heck you could even engrave Mazdaspeed in the side of em if your creative :lol:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Looks good bud... Use lots of never seize on all your rear suspension parts including the heim joint threads... This will make things come apart and future alignment set ups much easier down the road..
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol that strut idea is very good. I just need to find someone to machine them :D and as for the other tips guys thank you I will do them for sure

So Roguewolf found out about FC RX7's having them same moonroofs as MX3's and had the idea of fitting a CF one to our cars. Great discovery So i had to buy one and fit it up. Fits perfectly. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Just wanted to squeeze a new pic of my coil bracket. I wanted to paint it the same as my VC but i wasnt paying attention and was pouring green gold pearl instead of standard gold pearl but it came out good any way I think. I also installed my mishimoto catch can onto it. I finally have room for the OEM coolant overflow. Thats fitting nice and snug on the side of the frame rail :D

Today I got my silla aluminum radiator. This thing is BLINGING (yes i still use that word and say stuff is "the bomb") I just poured coolant in it and checked for leaks man oh man did I check and check :lol: I also made sure every single bubble was gone and every possible drop of coolant that would fit was in the system was in. Im so serious about proper coolant levels and great cooling so i hope this works out for me. I dont need another head gasket fiasco before I get a chance to properly tear down the whole motor and take my time rebuilding it with upgrades...

Looks like an intercooler from the front. I like it. Maybe this means something (go turbo) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how the MS front fully exposes the front for the best cooling possible. I also put my bumper saver/"diffuser" a few weeks ago and hopefully it acts as drawing more air to the rad as well. I wish I had a windtunnel or could find a place to rent one :lol: :-|

RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Love the car man.

How does the rear spoiler work? I might have found one here in australia, very rare! Do I need to remove my old wrap around spoiler and put that on? Is it two piece (looks like another one below it)?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah that wrap around has to come off. Once its off it will leave a void where you will have to put a RS hatch garnish on. The mazdaspeed wing is one piece but it bolts to the metal sides of the hatch. The middle is left exposed so thats where the garnish comes in. There kinda common in the states. I got lucky and found a guy who wanted a GS wing and I just traded with him before I got the MS wing. All the 4CYL RS MX3's have them. Im sure you guys have alot of wingless MX3's as well that have the garnish you need....
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Nicely progressing on the car :)

How are those pierce motorsports suspension parts ?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

So this pic here, I would just grab the spoiler and mini spoiler (garnish) below it and that should work good eh?

1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah grab both pieces and you should be good to go. Im sure the hatch garnish is the OEM one. Normally there black I like that one is color matched. :D :D Thats a cool wing. Never seen that one before. Looks a little bit like the one nd4spd had on his beauty back in the day. Its alot more round than the MS wing. Alot of people like that because "It flows with the roundness of the MX3". Although I personally think it only applies to the hatch window glass roundness. The roof and top of the front windshield has the exact same shape as the MS wing because thats the shape that works the best from the windtunnel tests they had done. Here is a pic of the same angle you have so you see what I mean how the ends of the MS wing slant in then cut across the hatch. The sweet wing you found the ends go straight up and curve across giving it a rounder shape.

and pics of how it has the same shape like the top off the roof for more downforce and highspeed stability (according to the brochure :lol: ).

And unfortunately Whitefinish I injured my hand real bad a few weeks ago and I havent been able to continue any projects. I did get the bearings pressed into the lateral links. I cleared the gold bars and painted the bare steel lateral links. I made some endlinks and my hand should be healed by the time my front and rear sway bars arrive off the boat so ill bolt everything up at once and it will be awesome. It may be a minute until I get the front MS sway bar on though. Im going to need a little help which is hard to find down here :(
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

Seriously looks good.

Still envious how fast you got your roof~! Seriously... mine is like stuck in Vancouver for processing... or so I've been told... :shrug:
Glad to see that it fits so perfectly. What did you do interior wise? Did you just glue the factory fabric back on? Or did you drill the holes for the clips? I'll be tempted to strip the cloth interior down to the metal and see how good the paint is...

Also, what happened to the LED modified rear lights?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah mine came crazy quick. Like 4 days or so from china. When you get the roof get it clear coated professionally before installation. Mine was sitting out in the california sun for only 2 days and its all messed up now. I have to hit it with a rubbing compound to get the gloss back or wet sand with 3000 grit and re-clear it. The "uv" protection they use is terrible but its a small piece and I want to repaint the whole car anyway so thats why I think its no biggie. Other than that the piece was great. Fitment and all. Yeah I bolted the sunroof on and glued the bottom pad to the bottom of the roof. I used gorilla glue so its not going anywhere. We will see how it works once the outside temps get higher if it will hold. Yeah the tails I went back to OEM. I was tired of people calling my car a integra or supra so i took them off. Also I already have a riced out body kit no need for riced tails now that im older. I was thinking of starting a project to put LED's in the OEM tails using cadillac DTS style LED's and keep the same shape the light outputs around the reverse light and reflector. But thats on the back burner for now
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Hmmm you're right it is more curved than yours. I think yours is better, just looks tighter coming inwards and more like it belongs on the car.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf »

Hey Kulluminati,

Have you ever seen these Mazdaspeed Rims before? Found them on E-bay while trying to track down a MS Spoiler for my MX3.

The Ebay Link is below... They claim Eunos 30x... but I doubt these came as an option.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Rays-15x7J- ... 0895598814

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”