Using SAFC2 And A 2 Bar Map Sensor

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Using SAFC2 And A 2 Bar Map Sensor

Post by posey92 »

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=SAFC_fu ... d_on_Boost
Heres one site...ill dig up the other that provides a volt break down for what boost it reads.

I havnt gotten that far but im all about baller on a budget lol. And ive seen the Megasquirt things and that arnt exactly cheap. So I dont know the electronic s like you guys do yet but what about this option. .

Use SAFC2 and just install a 2 Bar GM MAP sensor found at pretty much any yard that has a supercharged GM vehicle. Theres many to choose from. Or if ya want I know there are online sources where you can get up to 4 bar map sensors for not much more. It provides a 0-5v read out like the tps so you just use that as your tps input on the safc and bam safc is then adjusting per boost not throttle position. Theres a bit more too it but I know some Miata guys have used this with some success
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Using SAFC2 And A 2 Bar Map Sensor

Post by Josh »

You don't have to use a GM MAP. But they are very available. Buggs here on the forum used a 3bar rx7 map. It is by far the best way to go over the voltage from the tps. He dyno'd at like 220ish with 8psi on a vf10/vf12 hybrid and an NA BP, with a slipping clutch.
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Using SAFC2 And A 2 Bar Map Sensor

Post by posey92 »

Cool thats good to know...I just use the GM cuz theres alot more of those in the yard than the rx7s...only seen one of those and its engine bay was bare.

Return to “Forced Induction”