Alternator Tensioner Pulley Broke:(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Alternator Tensioner Pulley Broke:(

Post by posey92 »

So earlier today my battery light came on...I though great either my alternator or battery are bad. Stopped to have it checked and in doing so found my alternator belt had broken. So unfortunately I was working delivering pizza and had to wait for someone else to come in to change it. So had to drive the car on battery alone. Finally it dies so I pull over change the belt...after trying to push start it someone jumps me. Well then the tensioner started making noise and I could see flakes of metal..before I could shut it down the lock bolt popped out.
Did I have too much tension? Or was it cuz it prolly had 235k of wear on it. Either way I have to be bak at work tomorrow at 10am. So when it cools down ill pull it off and see ic I can just use a longer bolt with a nut on the bak. If not I gotta be at the yard 8am sharp to get one put it on and be at work at 10 or risk losing a job.
Now is the klde tensioner the same. Will it work for my k8. I know theres a k8 there but always plan for the worst and hope for the best.
kulluminati777

Re: Alternator Tensioner Pulley Broke:(

Post by kulluminati777 »

All K series motors are the same. Millenias, 626´s. ford probes, MX3s, MX6s, all use the same K series. Dont even waste precious time try to fix a pulley it broke for a reason you fixing it is risky. plus you risk the chance of your mod not working and leaving you with the same issue. Be at that PnP at 800am sharp. Matter of fact be there at 730 maybe they will let you in earlier lol. Get a pulley assembly from one of those and throw it on and your good to go.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
posey92

Re: Alternator Tensioner Pulley Broke:(

Post by posey92 »

Yup thats the plan thanx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”