Changing Manual Trasmission Fluid

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Changing Manual Trasmission Fluid

Post by posey92 »

So tonight im going to be changing the transmission fluid. I dont know when it was done last so I just wanna put some fresh stuff in. Ive done lots of auto but never a manual. I know I have to fill it thru the speedo hole. And had already planned to warm it up just to make it easier. Are there and things I should know before I do this or major problems I might run into. My job is my car so it has to be done tonight but unless theres something I dont know about it seems straight forward. Ill be replacing it with 75/90 full synthetic with half a qt of the lucas transmission stuff just for an added measure. I know my second gear synchros are kinda jacked I was told fresh fluid would help it from complete failure sooner. I can shift into second but if I do it too quickly itll grind...but if I just ease into goes in like butter.
mitmaks

Re: Changing Manual Trasmission Fluid

Post by mitmaks »

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
posey92

Re: Changing Manual Trasmission Fluid

Post by posey92 »

Cool thanx I have a chiltons that came with the can but for some reason chiltons always seem to have like 9 steps more then u really need..

Return to “Transmissions”