(HELP) Alternative ways to install Mini side skirts

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazdamx3gab3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

(HELP) Alternative ways to install Mini side skirts

Post by mazdamx3gab3 »

Hey guys ! I got some new euro mini sideskirts !!! The thing is it didn't have any hardware what other alternatives have all of you guys used to install them . Can I install them With A little stroll from the hardware store ... I don't really wan't to buy those white plugs ... Thanks :D
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Re: (HELP) Alternative ways to install Mini side skirts

Post by mx3_ryder »

I didn't have any hardware for mounting either. Here's what I did...
Pick up some 10mm plastic fasteners / bumper clips from your auto parts store that you will use for mounting in front of the rear tire.
Should be two holes there in the body that line up with the skirts.
Second is use a good double sided tape like 3M for the back of skirt.
Make sure you remove all the old tape first. You may need to cut the new tape smaller as you'll only need maybe a 1/4" in width.
So first thing do do is prep the skirts for new tape and apply new tape to back of skirt.
Then fasten skirt on car with your two fasteners you purchased.
I just left them sort of loose while I did the tape so don't be in a hurry this way you can reach behind the skirt to pull the back layer off the tape.
Once you get the back layer off the tape you can then stick it to the car pressing very firmly around the outer edge where the tape is to get a good contact.
Last, tighten up your two fasteners completely and run a few self tapping screws on the bottom of skirt, repeat of the other side and enjoy.
Happy New Years!! :froggie_red: :froggie_red: :froggie_red:

Return to “Appearance”