Car won't start! Can't figure out what went wrong.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shift321
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Car won't start! Can't figure out what went wrong.

Post by shift321 »

I have a 1992 Mazda Mx3 (4cyl, 1.6) with a 1994 Mazda 626 (V6, 2.5) engine in it. Yesterday my car was running fine. Today it was super cold (Michigan) and it wouldn't start. Hooked it up to my friends car to try and charge the battery and not die while trying to start it. But even when I finally got it started it wouldn't stay running without my foot on the gas. Tried to take it for a ride around the block, died at any time I let off the gas, and took a good few minutes and pumping the gas to get it started again multiple times within just one lap around the block. It also backfired (and I saw a small poof of white smoke come out from under the hood) when I backfired it blew my cold air intake assembly apart. (Cone filter/ necessary attachments). I limped it back to my house and here it sits. Any ideas?!
Thefez

Re: Car won't start! Can't figure out what went wrong.

Post by Thefez »

shift321 wrote:I have a 1992 Mazda Mx3 (4cyl, 1.6) with a 1994 Mazda 626 (V6, 2.5) engine in it. Yesterday my car was running fine. Today it was super cold (Michigan) and it wouldn't start. Hooked it up to my friends car to try and charge the battery and not die while trying to start it. But even when I finally got it started it wouldn't stay running without my foot on the gas. Tried to take it for a ride around the block, died at any time I let off the gas, and took a good few minutes and pumping the gas to get it started again multiple times within just one lap around the block. It also backfired (and I saw a small poof of white smoke come out from under the hood) when I backfired it blew my cold air intake assembly apart. (Cone filter/ necessary attachments). I limped it back to my house and here it sits. Any ideas?!
sounds like you jumped timing check the belt
shift321

Post by shift321 »

Will do tomorrow. Thanks. I'll post if it works.
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Thefez wrote:
shift321 wrote:I have a 1992 Mazda Mx3 (4cyl, 1.6) with a 1994 Mazda 626 (V6, 2.5) engine in it. Yesterday my car was running fine. Today it was super cold (Michigan) and it wouldn't start. Hooked it up to my friends car to try and charge the battery and not die while trying to start it. But even when I finally got it started it wouldn't stay running without my foot on the gas. Tried to take it for a ride around the block, died at any time I let off the gas, and took a good few minutes and pumping the gas to get it started again multiple times within just one lap around the block. It also backfired (and I saw a small poof of white smoke come out from under the hood) when I backfired it blew my cold air intake assembly apart. (Cone filter/ necessary attachments). I limped it back to my house and here it sits. Any ideas?!
sounds like you jumped timing check the belt
+1
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress