i bought the kl01 ecu and it pops my injector fuse(wont run)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tfries-cc
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

i bought the kl01 ecu and it pops my injector fuse(wont run)

Post by Tfries-cc »

96 mx3 klze ........... i just got the kl01 ecu out of the ford probe gt I think.. and I also got the kl31 chip to put in it (will that chip work in the kl01?). I hooked my harness up to the kl01 and there is a connector that's coming from my harness that doesn't have a spot in the kl01.. I was told this would work.. so I crank it and it just pops my injecter 30A fuse. so Im continuing to use the K8 ecu... WHY ME... what can I do to make this work?
kulluminati777

Re: i bought the kl01 ecu and it pops my injector fuse(wont

Post by kulluminati777 »

What MAF do you have? Your harness is OBD II im sure and isnt the KL01 an OBD I ECU? That could be your issue....Some of the components you need to run is on that extra OBD II harness sensors and the ecu cant control it because its OBD I. :shrug: just an idea actually. I have never heard of someone having the issue you have.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

could I get something to swap the ecu wiring to obd1?
Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

and whats maf?..
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Who ever the idiot is giving you advise stop asking him for advise, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.
1. The Kl31 is a Jspec ECU not meant for your OBD2 car.
2. You have an OBD2 system so that extra plug at your ECU your idiot friend said you didn't need well, he's an idiot. Finally, OBD2 is a great system, if you decide to run your KLZE in your car all you'll need is a KL02 VAf and your engine will run great. USE YOUR K8 OBD2 ECU with the KL02 VAF that you can find in any Probe MX-6 or 626.
Why don't you spend a little time here, read through the FAQ section and try either Searching here or Googling your questions.
Hey here's a post you might like. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=65550&hilit=96+mx3
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Daninski wrote:Who ever the idiot is giving you advise stop asking him for advise, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.
2. You have an OBD2 system so that extra plug at your ECU your idiot friend said you didn't need well, he's an idiot. Finally, OBD2 is a great system, if you decide to run your KLZE in your car all you'll need is a KL02 VAf and your engine will run great. USE YOUR K8 OBD2 ECU with the KL02 VAF that you can find in any Probe MX-6 or 626.
Why don't you spend a little time here, read through the FAQ section and try either Searching here or Googling your questions.

:lol: :lol:

your real cute, I dont know whats up your derriere but im just trying to help. No need for insults. Its bad enough the facebook page is filled with negativity and criticism left and right no need to bring that garbage here. This is a COMMUNITY. A great web forum where MX3 owners come to HELP and ask for help and share there builds. If I put up a post and 10 people give me 10 different wrong answers than so what. They tried to contribute thats more than I can say for people who "linger" on the forums and know what this fellow members issue actually is.

A simple "kulluminati777 you are not correct" would have been fine or "hey thats a crazy answer".....if you do continue your insults im sure its grounds for an old fashion ban....

As a long time member I would have thought you would know better. Your mom never taught you respect? Im just sorry this idiot (mentioned several times for no reason) didnt have the assistance that was to your liking :2thumbsup:
Savin

Post by Savin »

I think he's referring to the person who told the OP to use the KL01 ecu in the first place, not you.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

how do I put the vaf in? is that the mas air flow sensor btw?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

kulluminati777 wrote:
Daninski wrote:Who ever the idiot is giving you advise stop asking him for advise, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

:lol: :lol:

your real cute, I dont know whats up your derriere but im just trying to help. No need for insults. Its bad enough the facebook page is filled with negativity and criticism left and right no need to bring that garbage here. This is a COMMUNITY. A great web forum where MX3 owners come to HELP and ask for help and share there builds. If I put up a post and 10 people give me 10 different wrong answers than so what. They tried to contribute thats more than I can say for people who "linger" on the forums and know what this fellow members issue actually is.

A simple "kulluminati777 you are not correct" would have been fine or "hey thats a crazy answer".....if you do continue your insults im sure its grounds for an old fashion ban....

As a long time member I would have thought you would know better. Your mom never taught you respect? Im just sorry this idiot (mentioned several times for no reason) didnt have the assistance that was to your liking :2thumbsup:
Ouch! Man that hurt. I never referred to your reply I was talking about the advise given that you can just ignore the fourth plug on the OBD2 ECU and use an OBD1 ECU. If someone here with time on this forum had of given such advise I would of surely PM'd them first to ask why they would give such erroneous information.
When people give completely wrong advise it not only causes grief to a member but also the potential for a lot of additional expense. We all make mistakes from time to time sure but, to tell someone an OBD1 ECU will work on an OBD2 system without modification. That person is an idiot in my books. That statement stands. Cheers and happy Holloween. :D
Again my apologies if it appeared I was talking about you.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh wow the egg is on my face. I really thought you were talking about me. Im sorry about that. Maybe i am an idiot :lol: :lol:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

kulluminati777 wrote:oh wow the egg is on my face. I really thought you were talking about me. Im sorry about that. Maybe i am an idiot :lol: :lol:
Your in good company my friend. :P Just glad I've never had egg on my face :oops: :wink: .
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

how do I put the vaf in :P
Thanks in advance
davmac

Post by davmac »

To be honest I'm not sure if this is a serious question. But, just in case it is:
The VAF is an volume air flow meter. The VAF sits in the large air intake tube between the air filter and the throttle body. The narrow end is toward the air filter. If you are unsure of which is the narrow end then GENTLY push on the dome that is sticking out of the VAF. The side that moves is toward the air filter. The stationary side toward the throttle body.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I find you can slide that big bad boy in a little easier with just a tad of Vaseline properly applied. A lot easier to pull it out again you know, if you feel you have too. My 5 cents. :D
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Tfries-cc

Post by Tfries-cc »

thanks a lot boys. I might do that eventually. right now she is ripping real good I loveit

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”