Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

Post by Josh »

The Shade turned out quite nice Sam! Great work
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

cheers Josh yeah its ok little bit too small but it is has stuck like f#*k so it aint going nowhere for a while lol.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well I think painting it red helped with the look a lot.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeah had I just left it black you would not even notice it. Trying to decide if the hatch garnish needs body matching now, always been against it but 3 or 4 people now have said it would look cool maybe with a nice extra brake light in that small window?!

Tbh though I am kinda done with the cosmetics now, might throw a little camber up front and a little more on the rear then shim it out till it rubs again hahaha, but apart from that and general mantainence I have a real hard on for the Turbz right now, going to spend the winter getting the kit fully assembled ready to go for middle of next year :D
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yeah I tend to agree with you. There are colors that it would go good with and some not, I prefer just black. It may look good. Perhaps find another in the wrecker and give it some color. That way you can go back if you do not like it. I think a little lip garnish like what I have would look nice as well.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeah I have tried PS the hatch garnish red but I just cant seem to get it to look right so it is staying black fo sure. Some sort of ducktail spoiler would be great one day, have never seen a ducktail garnish in the flesh to know what they look like really though.

As said crackin on with the last few bits for the kit now..

Oil drain.

Nice chunky 20mm ID hose finishers for the oil pan line.

Restrictor.

M8 Copper coated self locking nuts.

Actuator & water feeds on.

Downpipe collector is next up to be welded, just need a spare flywheel now to be surface ground and maybe lightened ready
for the impending clutch install so I can give it a 500mile break in period before all the bits go on, and the injectors will be sent off for an ultrasonic clean aswell.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

3" Oval to round dump pipe flange welded, power pressed back into shape and polished a little :D

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Beautiful! Really nice work Sam.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Thanks Josh. If only I could weld like that I would be bloody dangerous!
mazdamx3bds
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mazdamx3bds »

Any new updates on this project? I cant wait to see this up and running on boost.

I really need to create a worklog page myself, I recently switched from the IHI Hybrid Turbo to a T3 based setup and am running 14psi on that setup.
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
racycle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by racycle »

I'm still watching this :P Love the new wheels.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

No updates Turbo wise I am afraid! Just still looking to find a nice cheap stock flywheel to have L&B and surface ground ready
for the clutch. Only really big thing left to do(apart from the actual install( is build more of the downpipe, but as I am going back to school this December to learn TIG welding most of my dough is going on that and buying a welder next year(plus a few other machines, sand blaster, turning lathe etc) but at least I will be able to say I welded my own downpipe up! :D

Have done a few other bits to the car though including making this PVC (50mm Channel capping) wrapped in fake wrap spark plug lead cover.

Just figuring out a way to affix that on!

Also installed a reverse light not that I have to for the MOT but did it for the safety aspect, and put in
my new beefier 52LED indicator bulbs.(you can see how badly my red spray tinting failed,lol)

Oh yeah and had a wee fook about with some maaahasive arches which are acually from part
of an air con duct system that we spin at work, all good fun!

Cheers all thanks for the comments.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”