[WTB] 93 Full non mouse seat belt system - Attn Canadians!!!

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
ganue
Supporting Member

[WTB] 93 Full non mouse seat belt system - Attn Canadians!!!

Post by ganue »

OK - I've had it with my daughter's darned mouse belts. The car had the recall work done years ago so I am on my own for repairs. So I need EITHER of the following:

1) Driver's side motor mechanism and all that connects to the door track that moves the belts on a 1993 MX-3 or...
2) If one of you Canadians is parting out a vehicle, I really want the two front seat belts that are non-passive entry.

Tell me what you got. I have paypal $$ available NOW!!!! Need to get everything in working order by August 11th ish.

Symptom right now? Driver's side belt does not reliably go to the proper position when the door opens or closes. Motor overheated too many times and is very weak. Probably need the motor mechanism and the entire track if the Canucks don;t come to the party.
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [WTB] 93 Full non mouse seat belt system - Attn Canadian

Post by RobMinhas »

Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

Perfect - I'm posting here so I get the entire list right. Here is what I believe I need (left and right sides):

1) Grey trim panels that go along the top of the door
2) Seat belt assemblies
3) Floor mounts and receiver between the seats
4) Any anchor hardware needed
5) I hope the trim panels to the rear of the doors are the same - not clear on that
6) Is there any other intermediate mounting point, say, like the left hand side of the driver's seat or right hand side of the passenger seat (US cars have that little sleeve that the lap belt goes through)

In Michigan - know anyone form Windsor of whom I can pick them up from for cheaper shipping? You know, because Canada is South of me here?

Anyone have a parts list?

Three sort of related points/questions:

1) Searching for others that have done this now
2) Of course at the moment the belts are working fine
3) Surgeon Asst says Mazda has a lifetime warranty on the US belts....true?
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles

I guess I didn't read it in full it doesn't say life time, but if mazda doesn't have a record for fixing that vin they should fix it.

The SUSPENSION recall says right in recall that it is life time...

I will text Jason again...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

"In addition to performing this recall campaign, Mazda is extending the warranty coverage on the driver and passenger automatic shoulder belt rail and motor for the life of the vehicle. Mazda is also extending the warranty coverage on the front door latch switch, which may affect the operation of the automatic shoulder belt, to 12 years from the manufacturers warranty start date."

This is in the recall notice found under Recalls/Automatic Seatbelts. on the Main MX-3.com page.
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

Ya know....I should have remembered that. My last car, the dealer took care of because they had never done the original recall work. This car:

HAD the recall work done so it was considered closed...but...I'll be scheduling an appointment with the dealer tomorrow!!!

Thank you Silkwyrm

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Silkwyrm wrote:"In addition to performing this recall campaign, Mazda is extending the warranty coverage on the driver and passenger automatic shoulder belt rail and motor for the life of the vehicle. Mazda is also extending the warranty coverage on the front door latch switch, which may affect the operation of the automatic shoulder belt, to 12 years from the manufacturers warranty start date."

This is in the recall notice found under Recalls/Automatic Seatbelts. on the Main MX-3.com page.
Those letters are from mazda Canada, mazda USA letters are on http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles

We get life time on the spring coil recall, but not the seat belt recall... I texted Gary about it too...

My recalls were not done on my car and my mazda won't do them so I hoping for the best! Good luck!

Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

All i can say is be persistent and ask them:" is there anyone else you can contact, im very concerned with my safety and I really love this brand, thats why i still have my mazda, being a known issue im sure there is someone you can contact on my behalf regarding my safety with a well documented issue. I am hoping to avoid having to contact customer relations but i feel it might be necessairy or atleast some way to forward my experiences with you even as i know your trying your bests"

Im on my second replacement, dealers can get goodwill from their district reps to get these fixed but its not something they will openly come out and do as it takes extra time, and for a not so regular client most will put you off unless you make your statement just right. Also most service writers are more motivated by surveys and feedback through the dealership as that is what affects our pay the most, one bad survey can kill your bonus.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Sleeper6 wrote:All i can say is be persistent and ask them:" is there anyone else you can contact, im very concerned with my safety and I really love this brand, thats why i still have my mazda, being a known issue im sure there is someone you can contact on my behalf regarding my safety with a well documented issue. I am hoping to avoid having to contact customer relations but i feel it might be necessairy or atleast some way to forward my experiences with you even as i know your trying your bests"

Im on my second replacement, dealers can get goodwill from their district reps to get these fixed but its not something they will openly come out and do as it takes extra time, and for a not so regular client most will put you off unless you make your statement just right. Also most service writers are more motivated by surveys and feedback through the dealership as that is what affects our pay the most, one bad survey can kill your bonus.
My mazda dealer also sells Benz... I didn't buy my mazda 3 from there cuz there jerks...

Basically they see you as someone that can't afford a Benz, from everyone to service to parts to sales act like this... It is sooo sad :(

Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Darn, I've been counting on being able to get this fixed free. My belts have been broke since I got the car. Hopefully the previous owner never had them done. I cant have a passenger in the car because of this. Luckily the drivers side belt is stuck in the on position. So I just put the lap belt on then pull the shoulder belt over and I'm good. Really would be nice to have them working again. And sorry bout the mistake, didn't realize there was a difference in the Canada recall versus the US recall.
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

Here's the original recall letter to owners:

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/72803-SSP ... _FINAL.pdf

And here is the dealer repair version:

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/72803.pdf

It is not clear if there is a duty to repair "closed" recall vehicles given this excerpt:

"If MDCS displays RECALL 72803 or SSP33 Closed and an Authorization Modification Label is present, the recall has already been completed. Return the vehicle to the customer or inventory."

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”