Atx_Mx3 "Not going to give up" Worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
atx_mx3

Re: Atx_Mx3 "Not going to give up" Worklog

Post by atx_mx3 »

[LVPA]93GsSe wrote:Wow! That is a nice find.
Thank!

So far I have put about 250 miles on it, with no issues, no engine lights and cold a/c. I'm happy with it.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
[LVPA]93GsSe
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

That's great! I just finished puttin together my hei and coil and will put it in tomorrow to get her running I hope. :cry:
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Been busy lately. Drag racing is gone and road racing is in! SO lots of new parts were purchased to make this happen.
King6 Main engine mount.
Installed
Blox oil sandwich for Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge
Presents from CorkSport :love: :love:
Rear Strut tower brace
Technica-Fit PTE lined/DOT legal stainless steel braided brake lines
Then Summit dropped off some presents! :love:
Motul 600 Brake fluid, DeRale thermosatic fan switch controller, and an aux fuse block
Honda Part??? Well, I do have a K series motor in my car. :mrgreen:
Fully adjustable shifter. Quality stuff. Love the hell out of it. A+++ Must for road racing/autocross
Spare swap!? The guy had no idea what it was. KF-ZE with mx-3 5spd transmission. Got it for $200!!!
Pirelli PZERO road race slicks.
Hawk Blue pads (9012 compound). They bite quick and it stops faster than anything I've ever driven.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lvy_FgAgq0
I have lots of footage from this event, but most of it is not converted yet. This is the 4th session and my fastest laps. Just for reference, there was a 2012 Porsche Cayman R with about $10,000 in suspension work done, with an experienced driver that had been on this course before, running 1:29's. This was my very first time on a circuit track, ever.
The track is actually sponsored by a local Mazda dealer. At the end of the event, the owners and main sponsor pulled me aside to congratulate me. "Most guys dont get lower than a 1:40 their first time out, especially novice drivers, first time on this track, with a 2600lb car. Way to go, man!" - Owner and Sponsor
The main sponsor invited me out to his shop during the week, I called him and got to sit down and talk to him for a bit. Very cool guy. Has the VERY FIRST SPEC MIATA EVER BUILT in his shop. It was the car built to sell the Spec Miata program. Long story short, he tells me that I can call him personally, any day of the week but Monday(bike day) and I can go turn laps at Harris Hill Road, for free. This is a private track, $2500 membership fee and $180 a month. :love2: :love2:

AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Too cool... Most def. take advantage of that free track time. :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

AaronTietje wrote:Too cool... Most def. take advantage of that free track time. :D

I would go out today if I hadn't blow the front right shock on Saturday. The 13yr old Tokico shocks have finally met their fate. I enjoyed the travel in this setup while I daily drove the car, but now I need something with much less flex.
I am currently trying to find a set of fully adjustable coilovers with camber plates (front and rear) and an aftermarket rear sway bar. I had a set of Ksports and i regret selling them now.
Unfortunately, all of the "racing" money is coming out of my pocket. Spending $900 - $1100 in one shot is hard for me to do, as money is going out faster than it is coming in. I am doing contract work for shops around Austin, but the paycheck aren't steady, so I have to be careful what I spend.

kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah spend that money wisely. Dont spend too much on this car either. I would hate to see you sell it in a emergency. I love where this build is going and would hate to see it leave the community. I love the racing slicks. I was thinking about getting just regular radials with writing on the side like that. You having these help me see what it would looks like on a MX3 in a tire size i run as well. very cool :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote:Yeah spend that money wisely. Dont spend too much on this car either. I would hate to see you sell it in a emergency. I love where this build is going and would hate to see it leave the community. I love the racing slicks. I was thinking about getting just regular radials with writing on the side like that. You having these help me see what it would looks like on a MX3 in a tire size i run as well. very cool :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Thanks buddy!! I wouldn't sell this car, if I had to. I've spent way too much time and money on this car to let it go. As you see, Ive been around for a while. It took me 10 years to find a clean local GS.....Plus i could always sell my 626 in a pinch!! :lol: :lol:
Being a mechanic, there are always ways for me to make money and make stuff happen....
The slicks are pretty much 205/50/15. They are the perfect size. And they do rather well on DRY public roads. :freak: I can get gently used sets of these tires pretty cheap from a team that used to run with us in Pirelli World Challenge. He has 10-12 sets(4) that have 1-2 heat cycles on them and he is letting them go for less than half of what they are cost.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

I've got tons of videos from the first event and now a couple from the last even of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfLu2NH ... e=youtu.be

I ended up blowing a slick after about 12 laps and was forced to put street tires back on. I will post the videos of the car on slicks later today.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Bump :D

I'll be updating this soon for the 11 people that still visit this board and the 3 that will actually read this post..... :lol: :lol:
I swore off social media a couple years ago...sorry FB guys, not sorry.

Special project's 2021 :welder:

Whiteline W61765 trailing arm bushing retrofit - Complete and daily testing
Poly engine mounts, because I can build them cheaper than AWR or King6 (Been using the PS King6 mount for a couple years) - Parts ordered
Poly front LCA bushings- Parts ordered
Rack reseal/rebuild + spherical outer ends - parts are here, still developing a mounting solution rod end to spindle
Adjustable rear toe/control arms - Still working on this idea and sway bar link mounts
Rear sway bar 4140 steel .875 thickness and links- Parts are ordered, bar will still need to be machined and heat treated

DevSport (CRX) splitter - Completish and refining
Porsche GT3 carbon rear diffuser - Still trimming and fitting
Chassis mounted rear spoiler - :roll: :roll: High speed cornering. It's not a drag car. - Risers are still in cardboard form

Fender cutout/venting/widen - The idea here is to run a wider wheel/tire and then use the fender as a mold to build a set in carbon fiber
Carbon roof panel - Removing outer skin and bonding to inner structure/drip rails. The sunroof might disappear in the process
Brake caliper rebuild/powdercoat - Seal kits are here, need to pull calipers off the SE parts car for powdercoating

I promise pictures. Patience.

Love,
Ryan, not the one you know.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

More than 3 views! :love2:

As promised.
Ksport Coilovers
Konig Helium
Federal 595 rs rr 225/45/15
Attachments
Whiteline W61765
Whiteline W61765
IMG_4114.jpg (166.03 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Whiteline W61765
Whiteline W61765
IMG_4113.jpg (167.65 KiB) Viewed 627 times
1/8/2012
1/8/2012
IMG_4116.jpg (189.91 KiB) Viewed 627 times

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Today the Maz gets even more love and the SE gets a little bit lighter.

*As a bonus, I tell the story of the SE and the shrewd negotiations that brought it to my backyard of broken dreams

The Saturday list:

OEM Mazda Coil
NGK wire set
NGK Plugs
BA Cap and rotor

SE Door panels
SE steering wheel - to replace my rapidly deteriorating wheel. The SE leather wrap is coming off and a new leather cover is "out for delivery" today!
SE rear seats
SE rear panels

Let's go!

********************** Story time *************************

I had 3 opportunities to buy the SE over the course of 6-8 month, each time less expensive that the last...

*First owner wanted $1500ish for it with the front end collision, sells it while i'm out of town.

*Second owner slaps 10 lbs of bondo on the hood and bungee cords it "shut". Replace the headlight and lists it on CL for $1000. Again, it sells while I'm out of town during race season.

I reach out to the seller when I get back in town and he informs me that he already sold the car. Bummer. But wait, there's more!

He tells me through a lengthy text conversation that the new owner is ready to sell the car. At some point early in her ownership, she opened the hood see why the steering is so tough (res is smashed to bits) and wasn't able to get the hood properly "latched" down. On her way to work that same day, the hood comes flying open and destroys the sunroof/roof panel and windshield.......oops. "Will you forward her my number, pweeease?" :love:

Third owner calls me the next day and tells me the hood story. The conversation after:

Her - "I just want to get rid of it."

Me - " Understood. Is the dash cracked?"

Her - "Uhhh, no."

Me - "Perfect, send me your address. *Sends* OMW!"

The car is a mess, beat down and abused...perfect.

Me - "Dashboard looks good, ill take it!"

Her - "Wait, what?"

Me - "Yea....I'm mainly buying the car for the dash" The SE interior, wheels, cargo cover, GS lip too

Her - "Ok. What will you pay for the car?"

As I'm standing in this girls driveway looking over the car, I catch a glimpse of her large colorful glass vase in the garage.
Odd looking vase, tall and skinny with ice in the bottom and a stem with a burnt looking plant in the end. Around the vase are various lighters, Bob Marley poster and plenty of other Rasta swag. :idea:

Me - "Would you take $420 for the car?"

Her - "Hehe....yes I will. Let me get the title"

I drove it home that day. Underwhelming 1.8, sloppy suspension pulling quite a bit to the right, lifting the shifter to get in into the next gear....very wrecked. No regerts :D :D :D
Attachments
Poor SE
Poor SE
IMG_4124 (1).jpg (171.9 KiB) Viewed 618 times
Tune in for the tune up
Tune in for the tune up
IMG_4123 (1).jpg (124.38 KiB) Viewed 618 times

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Goodbi Delphi
Hello OEM
Attachments
IMG_4126.jpg
IMG_4126.jpg (131.82 KiB) Viewed 615 times
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4125.jpg (157.27 KiB) Viewed 615 times

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Not bad for a days work.
Attachments
IMG_4132.jpg
IMG_4132.jpg (118.83 KiB) Viewed 614 times
IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg (127.54 KiB) Viewed 614 times
IMG_4128.jpg
IMG_4128.jpg (130.25 KiB) Viewed 614 times

projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

atx_mx3 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:39 pm Bump :D

I'll be updating this soon for the 11 people that still visit this board and the 3 that will actually read this post..... :lol: :lol:
Hi. Greetings from 1 of the 3. Great to see this post and your subsequent ones. Congratulations on the quality of the work. Keep the posts coming.

Chris
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”