Atx_Mx3 "Not going to give up" Worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
atx_mx3

Re: Atx_Mx3 "Not going to give up" Worklog

Post by atx_mx3 »

youdirtyfox wrote:Wow car looks spot on, nice pics too! :)
Thanks! Ill get some real pictures of it after its dent-less and painted.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote::love: :love: :love:

I like the hood badge. Those pedals are something ill have to try and get for myself if you get a way to mount the gas pedal.

I LOOOOVE the red man. Its a shame your changing it. Yeah the reflector idea is dope. I dont have any reflectors at all or I would do a tinted thing like yours with black VHT instead of red VHT.
The hood badge was ORIGINALLY a belt buckle project :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will do the gas pedal tomorrow and take a couple pics.

Im not a huge fan of red cars...its too obvious. That and the last paint job was mediocre at best. All the rubber seals/trim need to be replaced as they are old, cracking and now painted red. Besides that, I need to find a good color to mesh with the red. I am leaving the red under the hood....Unless I get a ZE before I paint it.

The reflector idea only seemed right. This is the kind of stuff I do when I get bored or have some free time in between customer cars.

There is plenty more to come.

I need to get some new pics of the headliner, badass amp, battery relocation, new CF bezel and the new exhaust.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

The pedals look great! Looking forward to seeing the gas pedal all mounted. Man I wish i still had my Mx-3! :( But im glad someone is making good use of these pedals, enjoy! :)

OEM MS Pedals. Thanks Chris(Postman2k)!!!

The clutch and brake pedals will slide on with some messaging and a little lube..... :lol: :lol:

The gas pedal is going to be a little bit harder. The MS pedal is almost flat, where our MX-3 gas pedals have a nice curve to them. Time to bring out the welder....

2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Mounted the gas pedal a couple days ago.

Stock

After removing the factory(plastic) pad

The stock pedal has a nice arch in it, while the MS pedal is flat. I was unsure what to do. I pulled on the gas pedal and to my surprise it was easily moved. Time to drill some holes!

Almost....
Done. :love:

They are so awesome. The week I installed these, we had 4 days of rain. My foot never slipped off the pedals...

kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

tight! i need to find a set of these asap
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote:tight! i need to find a set of these asap
No kidding..for the MS freak! They are easy to install and a great addition IMO.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Once again, works gets in the way of life. Can't find time to update this....but here it is:

The white GS on the way home:
After:

New interior touches:
Still waiting on wideband and oil sandwhich for the Autometer oil pressure gauge..
This will be changed. Its done perfect but I can't live with it...

When I had the KSports, sold them and whet back to my tokico/intrax setup:
Image Tight...can you tell where the ksports are??

And then some extras...cause I've been away so long :lol: :lol: :lol:

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool that roof is psychedelic lol

So you were no a fan of the ride with ksports? I have grown to like it. If i wanted a smooth ride i would get a Cadillac lol. I love the firm feeling of the ride but i guess its not for everyone
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote:cool that roof is psychedelic lol

So you were no a fan of the ride with ksports? I have grown to like it. If i wanted a smooth ride i would get a Cadillac lol. I love the firm feeling of the ride but i guess its not for everyone
HAHA! It is a tad bit psychedelic...

The ride was a little stiff for me. I like a little more travel in the suspension.

MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Are those legit MS pedal covers??

I want!!! :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Ha

That's amazing.... I wondered if you went and visited the Aussie V8 Supercars when they raced there.

Fantastic track!!!

atx_mx3 wrote:Once again, works gets in the way of life. Can't find time to update this....but here it is:
Image[/quote]
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Are those legit MS pedal covers??

I want!!! :D
Yes sir. Protege MS pedals. The brake a clutch fit with no modification. If you go to page 5, you can see what little effort it takes to make the gas pedal fit.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

projectB10 wrote:Ha

That's amazing.... I wondered if you went and visited the Aussie V8 Supercars when they raced there.

Fantastic track!!!

atx_mx3 wrote:Once again, works gets in the way of life. Can't find time to update this....but here it is:
[/quote]

I actually was approached by a race team out of florida, Shea Racing, to work the race. They have the 1 TC civic and 2 TCB Honda Fits.
It was supposed to be a temporary gig, work for a week, see some races, get the cars ready for races and make some money. After a week of working with them, they asked me to be a PERMANENT FLY IN!!!@!! Of course I said yes!!!!
Being a business owner, I have to opportunity to leave my shop for weeks at a time without jeopardizing the business.\\

So I just got back on the 10th of this month....and I leave again on the 30th to Connecticut, then Toronto and 22 days later, I fly home with a bunch of memories and a nice fat check.

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

So, since I have become some familiar with the KL in the last 2 years, I decided to buy another car.....and not another Mx-3.

1997 626 ES V6 5spd!
I found this car on craigslist. He wanted $1000 for it, not running. I shot him a $500 offer, knowing that no one in their right mind would buy the car. Eventually he came around.

The story he tells me: I was driving the car one day, came up to a stop sign and died. Didn't make any noise, just died. Took it to a shop where they said it need a distributor and quoted him $500. He declined the repairs and took it to another shop, that did a compression test and found the motor was bad. $4300. Declined repairs

He parks the car in 2009, put shades over the front and rear windshield, and that's where it lived until 2 days ago.

After hearing the story I was a bit skeptical, I pulled the cap off the distributor and noticed the GIANT crack under the rotor. Somewhere in the mix, i ended up turning the motor over and noticed it was spinning fast and the CAM didn't seem to move the position of the rotor. BAM! $75 in a timing belt and tensioner, she is alive and well!! 96k miles, 1 owner, leather is in AWESOME shape, car has 5 door dings and a little bit of clear coat fading..No body damage and EVERYTHING WORKS!!! No check engine lights, ICE cold a/c....and it came with a FULL tank of 3 year old gas. :mrgreen:
Cleaned up and running.

Winning?

[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Wow! That is a nice find.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked