Retiming a v6 mx3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cornelius
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Retiming a v6 mx3

Post by Cornelius »

I have 2 threads going, but this one is more appropriately titled now that I have seen the car. I was told it needed a new engine, but the person who gave me the car was told the motor was bad by a shi**y mechanic so I don't really trust that opinion.

I was told the car just stopped running, wasn't told about any roughness or loud noises, just stopped.

I got the car today, and all of the timing gears and tensioners and pulleys were off, along with the timing belt and accessory belts. I didn't take the parts off, or move anything, but I think I need to re-time everything and throw a new belt on. I looked at some online pictures and it seems like the timing marks are off (again, I did not move anything or remove any parts).

Is there a good book, or a thread/write-up on how to fully time a v6 mx3 and re-install all of the timing parts?

Thanks for any help!

-Corey.

It's a 1994 mx3, v6, manual.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Retiming a v6 mx3

Post by mitmaks »

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
davmac

Re: Retiming a v6 mx3

Post by davmac »

The online manual is excellent.
Here are 2 additional links that will help with some pictures and a guide to specific timing belt set up.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53392
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=77978

Take your time and ask more questions if you get stuck.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”