antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Will these brake lines fit ?

Post by bmagera91 »

Hi 4 all...

I have an 1.6 DOHC Mx3 1995.

Will these brake lines fit ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel ... 910wt_1037

It's made of Steel :)..
Btw i don't have disc on my rear wheels, it's drums :( .

wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: Will these brake lines fit ?

Post by wednesdayslatest »

honestly i got a set of stainless steel lines and they broke on me (i have disc/drum) the hoses i got were for all disc (idk why)
it was more of a problem then not your better off with the OEM rubber hose theyll last longer probably without fail i replaced all 5 of mine (one for the clutch line too)
i wouldnt waste the money i was lucky that the brakes went as i was leaving my house and was able to go park it and work on it
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

+1

dont bother with CHEAP SS lines. I had a set i got on ebay that busted on me and leaked out all my fluid. Goodridge lines are good or yeah you could just stay OEM
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I got expensive set years ago and they still are fine. They are coated with vinyl over top of the stainless steel so they'll last longer.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

well i got mine and let them sit there for like a year before installing them and the rubber hose on the inside WAS infact smaller. im not sure if thats good or bad but im assuming it was bad. i had a leak on one right in the middle and the other one leaked from the bottom where the end connecter connects to the hose, i literally pulled out the hose it was so bad
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

To put this into perspective for you all. I recently changed companies and I now work for a company that manufactures a wide variety of flexible hoses including a Teflon core, stainless braided hose that would be used for brake lines. This is the real deal, super high quality stuff that we supply to major industrial companies on huge multi-million dollar projects. Today for fun I priced out a single, 1/4" ID, 12" long, SS braided, urethane jacketed hose with a banjo fitting on one end and a 37º flare fitting on the other at $140.37CDN.

That's what it costs to make a hose that you would trust your million dollar rig to. How carefully manufactured can something that costs $50 be?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”