Kyle's 93 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Kyle's 93 RS

Post by wednesdayslatest »

SO im a bit new to this so ill have to keep updating it as time goes on so ill just start with this

Car Info:
i got the car at 124K from an old lady like 45 minutes away her son owned it and sold it as is (as far as i know now he beat that car bad)
I did a head swap so the head miles are lower then the car (im not sure what exactly but it really doesnt matter the head will outlast the engine now)
and i had to swap the head because when i got it i didnt realize it had a headgasket problem (brown coolant)
but i didnt know so i drove it for like a year and it died on me then i had to do the head and after i got it running i had to REDO the headgasket because i crossed the coolant and gas lines (im not sure if it was me or someone helping me i cant point fingers now)
all gaskets were done (intake exhaust throttle body valve oil pan head and timing belt)
the engine is mainly stock (its a SOHC 1.6L)

Changes/Mods

Engine:

ALL New gaskets
clutch master cyliner
msd blaster coil
255LPH performance fuel pump (TRE BRAND)
Swaped disty (junkyard) [new cap and rotor]
90AMP alternator mod to 110AMP alternator (for a mazda milennia)
Ralco RZ performance pulley on the alternator (i could only use one otherwise id have to cut my P/S and i love my power steering)
oil pan (need to redo, already have the spare)
timing belt (when i replaced the head)
fuel filter
gas tank / gas tank straps (both sprayed with the rubber coating stuff)
fuel injector O rings
exhaust muffler (stock)
K and N intake head (on an adapter to my MAF)
plastic intake arm (replaced) [im going to upgrade to VAF]
waterpump
recently swapped wires
NGK R plugs
Timing belt cover (upper)
Gearbox fluid (smells really bad)

REMOVED the ac lines and AC condenser i cut the lines at the firewall (i wanted to lighten up whatever i could im putting corksport headers that require no AC [im already missing the ac radiator from the frame work])

FRAME WORK (i hit a tele pole avoiding hitting a car that didnt stop at a stop sign)
the front end sub frame from one shock tower support to the front all the way across
another hood (rust i need to take care of)
two fenders (one looks real bad i have z3 fenders but im not sure whatll happen when i go to put that on its not bolt on)
oem front bumper with bumper reinforcement

Suspension:

All 4 swaybar links
Lower balljoint (maybe need a replace again)
All 4 KYB GR2 Gas struts (still the original springs)
3 out of 4 Upper strut mounts replaced
Rear Trailing Arms
Tierod Ends (both Moog)
Steering Rack (junkyard, mistake but finally aligned perfect)

all brand new brake system (minus the ebrake cable)
new lines
new clutch master
new caliper
new rotor and drums
rear pressure/bleeder
all 5 new hoses (one for the clutch line)
i still need to replace the brake master the ebrake cables (and clutch slave that is still good)

Interior/Exterior:

i cleaned up the steel wheels and resprayed them black (on the outside only) they dont look too bad

seats swapped (original was slim and tall) the new seats are a lot nicer (they have the headrest that moves up and down)
i DID swap out the seats and the rear seat bottom for leather ones from a saturn (plan to get the original mx3 foam and buy the leather cover off of another member on the forums here)

power window kit to convert manual windows into power (nothing special but i love my power windows)
dash cluster kit (white with blue lights) only reason im using it is because my factory cluster lights dont work
EURO smoked tail lights
window tints
viper car alarm was installed (CARISMA over here in lowell theyll install whatever you want)
Rain Guards
the rear side panels the fabric was removed ( i left it on the doors though, i plan on spraying the rear interior where the fabric was black)

other:

i got the horn on a momentary switch (aftermarket horn)
i got the fan on a switch (the one that kicks on first)
i got the cluser light power and the power windows both on one switch

im not sure if i got everything, ill be reorganizing and updating soon enough with pictures and such

PICTURES:

my dash

the seats

if you look at the vent in the middle i put carbon fiber sticker stuff to make the vents look nice

i got the carbon fiber cover for the ebrake

the inside plastic for the top half of the car came tan and i sprayed them black but they probably need another coat now its been over a year now probably two

the passenger side door the white stuff is ashes but you can see i have power windows and the window switch

the drivers side door interior

my cluster of wires (theres two switches there and the momentary horn switch is up a little higher but still pointless i need to get hooked into the factory harness)

quick snapshot of my backseat (i should of never changed it lol)

i spent 100 on a 150 viper alarm system and had carisma put it in (they put in door poppers too idk why i have them but i do now) they had to hook up the doors with actuators as well

this was right after i washed the salt off the car it doesnt get a bath much i need to fix the body and paint it before i start really washing and waxing it (youll see why in the other pictures)

there was off spray or somthing and it made marks on my car and someone wrote with their finger it wouldnt come off no matter how much i cleaned it so i used what i used on my window (IF YOU EVER GET SPRAYPAINT OFF SPRAY ON YOUR WINDOWS USE 0000 STEEL WOOL thats what i used for the window it worked and it DID work for the hood although obviously it tuned out like this at least the hate speech is gone[people hatin on my car haha])

rain guards the big ones not the thin ones

and my ultimate problem is the roof that ive been slackin on

my rear tail lights with a missing spoiler (yes i need to get one bad i know)

i DID debadge everything but i plan on putting a nice black evil M on the back

two metal bristle brushes and the 0000 steel wool its not completely smooth on every one but its alright for now

oxidation always seems to linger i dont know why

the headlights are xxtra bright now, theyre kinda hurting my eyes looking at the picture now lol

and the rears

so thats all the photos i have for now ill get some engine bay pictures later it doesnt look great right now in there lol

i wonder if i still have pictures from the accident when the car looked all crushed up. it was a sight to see. im glad its running great now tho
Last edited by wednesdayslatest on June 2nd, 2013, 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Kyle's 93 RS

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Pics :(
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
wednesdayslatest

Surgeonasst222 wrote:Pics :(

i WILL load up the pics tonight i have some old pics too ill take a few tonight too i just needa upload it all to a photobucket
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
wednesdayslatest

damn that took forever loading up all the pictures into the post lol
wednesdayslatest

5/25/13

Damn yesterday my radio was turning off and on then my rpm gague died on me then spaz out then was working after i turned on my lights (i rewired the 3rd wire from my alt mod to the 12V + wire incase that was causing problems)

now for the tac (rpm i believe) i did some searching and the tac is controled by the map boost sensor (also the map boost is where you hook up your ignition coil which i plan to try that mod out after i can get the damn thing running again)

i pulled the map/boost sensor apart today i was GOING to change it but the sensor i got from the junkyard a while back the bottom sensor was the same two wires (i dont know which sensor that is) but i changed it and left the boost map sensor there and the car wont start still but it fixed one of the two problems and it was working fine yesterday too...

the junkyard map sensor i have has 4 pronts and not 3 and theyre both SOHC too

UPDATE: its not a map/boost sensor i have to replace now its a TPS sensor and i see how mine is corroded but i dont think its enough for it to not work. well either way that should only be for the RPM. now as for the car not starting up im still out of ideas a little lost here

UPDATE: yesterday i came to the conclusion it was my distributor i need to swap it (or maybe bypass the disty with a box and some wires instead of getting another one) [need some advice] HEI/MSD box i have the msd 2.0 coil its not too hard to do i just need a little more explanation as to what to do and what i need or what i can do without do i need a new disty to do the mod? if so then ill just get one (if it has to be the same one ill do the mod later no worries if i can upgrade the disty i want to get the updated one with the mod) i hope someone can help me out here im at a stand still
Last edited by wednesdayslatest on May 26th, 2013, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

What the heck is that?
wednesdayslatest

are you talking about my window switches? i put power windows. its just my door interior
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wednesdayslatest wrote:are you talking about my window switches? i put power windows. its just my door interior
yeah i was asking about the switch because it looked so out of place.

This is how the stock power window switch looks.
wednesdayslatest

i had a thought about using the stock one but then i figured i might as well use the harness and plugs and switches it came with it would of been a lot of wiring for me to do i assumed but right now i need a new kid the drivers side motor was no good i opened it up it was all rusted on the inside of the motor

hey you know anything about the regulator? my passanger side when i roll it up it tilts to the front downwards so itll get stuck is there any way i can fix that without a regulator? im pretty sure i checked it a long time ago i figure a bolt or something was loose but it wasnt

edit: yeah if you look close at my pic you can even see my window roller lol

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”