Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update May 1st

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I wished they factored in rare parts but most people have no clue what they are worth! They don't count alot of labour. I pretty much gave him as many reciepts as I could find. I told him everything I have done and the aproximate price. He took pictures of everything and had a good look at the full condition of the car. From all of that he compiles all the information and gives it a value. So me personally I have invested alot more into it than he appraised it for! But again my car is worth more parted out because of all the custom work that I have done. Project cars forever and always will be money pits!! Plain and simple!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Tavman_1213

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Mi|<e is my hero!!! He got my car running, tuned an timed!!! Still have a couple bugs to work out but she drove 7 amazon KMs tonight! Wow 2 years of time money and stress! To be able to drive it just 7 KMs is awesome!!! Can't wait till I figure out my boost issue and a small oil leak.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Mi|<e is my hero!!! He got my car running, tuned an timed!!! Still have a couple bugs to work out but she drove 7 amazon KMs tonight! Wow 2 years of time money and stress! To be able to drive it just 7 KMs is awesome!!! Can't wait till I figure out my boost issue and a small oil leak.
that's awesome!!!!
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Glad to hear!!! Some times it takes just one special person...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Got my alignment done and I have been driving my car a bit now an its a lot of fun. Still am having some issues which I guess are pretty common on the GTX motor but are a pain in the a$$!!! So since I have a free flowing intake and exhaust I am getting boost spike pretty hard 14, yes 14 its pretty much the max of my turbo so that is fine with me but once I put my wideband in with a new sensor(cause I put my one my friend gave me on my work bench and it disappeared, such a piss off!!) I am now hitting the dreaded GTX ECU Fuel Cut dum dum daaaaaaaa!!! Found out that its a very common problem an the fix is boring out the exhaust housing on my turbo as well as the dime size waste gate hole. Did that an its still hitting fuel cut, next step is get a vacuum pump to see if my waste gate is opening at the proper 8lbs. If it that then I will see about getting a new waste gate. If that is working fine I will be sourcing out a GTR ECU as well as injectors(something I really don't want to have to do but a lot cheaper than a good stand alone). Here are a few pics of the progress.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT

Post by Josh »

Very nice! I used a GTX ECU and had that issue, I ended up going to a BP10 and it fixed my issues.

Looking good!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

BP10??? Isn't that an NA protege ecu? I thought I would need the BPC8 GTR ecu
An my other issue if I did run the bp10 ecu would be I have a gtx harness in the car an there are a few differences between them. If it works its alot easier to find a protege lx harness than a gtr ecu plus a little more cost effective
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Tavman_1213 wrote:BP10??? Isn't that an NA protege ecu? I thought I would need the BP09 GTR ecu
Yes, BP10 is the N/A DOHC ECU. I used it because I got one for cheep. Had I had access I would have gone with the GTR ECU.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So if you had the choice you would use the GTR ECU??? There is one on CP right now but he wants $350 plus shipping.
I have a friend that has 3 BP10 ECUs but wouldn't the fuel map be completely off? I know I would have the tune the GTR one anyways but it just seems like it would have a completely different tune and fuel map.
I will give it a shot an see what happens.
memphis9787

Post by memphis9787 »

hey Tavman, loving you build, do you have any pics of how you routed the intercooler pipes into the engine bay? Im scratching my head on how I can do it without cutting anything :?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

There is one of the videos it shows the routing of my piping but I did cut holes because it to me was the way to have the least amount of bends an piping.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

memphis9787 wrote:hey Tavman, loving you build, do you have any pics of how you routed the intercooler pipes into the engine bay? Im scratching my head on how I can do it without cutting anything :?
http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/Tavma ... 3.mp4.html

Here's the video of how I have my piping run. Me I just didn't want any of my pipes under the car because the roads here in Calgary aren't the best.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

This is a very good update!! Was able to get a GTR ECU from one of the guys on Club protege and grabbed some RX-8 425cc yellow body injectors off rock auto! Put them in the car and WOW!! What a difference. First no fuel cut off so I can reach high boost without leaning out an popping! Also no chugging when I down shift to 3rd and 4th gears then give it some gas!!
At WOT my boost is steady at 11.5lbs and my wideband reads 10.9!! I will be putting my manual boost controller back on an turning my boost up to 14lbs(may wastegate was just a straight vacuum line to my piping!).
Also after changing my shifter linkage bolt with the new one I made, no play at all in the shifter. It has taken a couple of days for it to loosin up but totally worth it and would recommend it to everyone!!
Now to do alittle more tuning of the VAF and it should be good!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

sexy update 8)
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

yeah gtr ecu makes a helluva difference. thats what im runnin in my pro :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”