short shifter

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

short shifter

Post by wednesdayslatest »

what would be the best short shifter? i was looking on ebay and saw a few brands

megan
m2 performance
ralco rz
and autoban88

in that order is from the cheapest to the most expensive, i just read into it it looks like the autobahn88 is 42 percent shift throw while the rest are only 40 percent....and the autobahn88 states it is Counter Weighted For Smooth Action. tho none of the others say that....im looking for someones input. or maybe someone has an extra i could buy off them? really i just want a short shifter but if i can get one cheap. litter ally the cheapest one is 50 bucks i might as well spend around 100 on the best one if there really is that much of a difference.

so anyone got any advice im all ears

another observation is the ralco rz is the only one with bearings inside the shifter at the bottom where the link connects, im pretty sure the one that i have in there has bearings as well and when i ordered one for my civic and put it in, it has bearings so is it that the mx3 doesnt need bearings? or i need to put them myself? or what? i would assume the bearing would do good and help with the shift....anyone have any input on that as well?
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: short shifter

Post by RobMinhas »

You'll need bearings or else you're gonna have a shitty time shifting, you could reuse your stock ones but I doubt they'd survive extraction.

I've gota B&M with CS bushings and I like it, I made the mistake of not tightening the linkage up enough at first but after tightening it up I really like it. I think the reduction for the B&M is supposed to be 40% but it seems much more then that, took a little bit of getting used to.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wednesdayslatest

how much did yours cost? where did you find it? ebay doesnt have much else other then that what i listed
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

According to a couple of the sites I checked today, the B&M are 42% reduction.
They also tend to range around $120-140.
I believe the Protege model would work for ours too. Yes/No?
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/bm-p ... -5157.html
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
wednesdayslatest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271012889126?ss ... 1423.l2649

its 95 bucks ralco i think thatll be the best its got all the washers and stuff to make sure itll all fit securely AND its got the two bearings since mine fell out i cant reuse or even find a pair of bearings so i figured this one will be the best bet. i got a ralco underpulley kit but its for a DOHC not SOHC which sucks but oh well

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”