kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: kulluminati777's Two week challenge......

Post by Josh »

93MAZMX3KLZE wrote:Hey guys !! Adjusting your idle and TPS doesn't fix a broken IAC valve. :lol:
Umm... yeah.. Pretty sure he replaced that. And he swapped the entire TB off of another car. The Base idle needs to be reset/calibrated. The IAC only effects the car during warm up and under electrical load. Simple way to test it is just unplug it and drive around. I to was told that it was my IAC by several. It was not.
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

Post by mx3_ryder »

Pretty sure he replaced and said it was not surging anymore. The high idle was because he didn't have the throttle linkage adjusted correctly. :D
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

93MAZMX3KLZE wrote:Pretty sure he replaced and said it was not surging anymore. The high idle was because he didn't have the throttle linkage adjusted correctly. :D
I skimmed over that post :oops: so this is his 3rd TB. The surging was from the TB not being correctly adjusted not the IAC. You can mix and match them, I have both styles. The linkage adjustment may only be a temporary fix. When it gets warm if it starts to idle high or surge a little bit then he will know for sure. That is how I originally "tried" to fix mine, then when I would pull off of the freeway it would idle at like 1000-1200 rpm and take like 5 min to drop back down. There are specific specs for the linkage, it should be adjusted to such, and then the base idle adjusted and set in diag mode.

Hopefully it is fixed for now. Either way it is way better than paying a shop a couple hundred to 1000 to potentially fix the issue.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Yeah, hopefully it fixes his problems. I never like paying mechanics rates these days and always diagnosis and fix problems myself. Getting pretty good with the multimeter. :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Unplugging the IAC is the winning move, since they clog up and or fail eventually. :wink:

If you live in a cold climate, set your idle to 800-900, and let the car warm up for 3-5 minutes on sub freezing mornings. That's the solution to never-ending IAC failures! :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's Enviromentally friendly KLean ZE

Post by kulluminati777 »

After a few days of huffing it to and from school the car seems to act normal. No surging or anything. I do have a weird tap from the engine and its not HLA´s I know that sound all too well. Ill look into the noise source after we get another car.

I also got the car to the SMOG station. After the tech kept crying about the timing i went out to the parking lot and set it to 10btdc but when he checked it was 13...oh well :shrug: it can be within 3 + or -

before i passed it was at 18 :shock: so that means it wasnt set correctly after my head gaskets were done although i thought it was......

I had done the following

1. Bought a new cat and took the KLZE in to smog as is. FAILED due to timing at 18btdc and high NoX. It was double the legal limit :shock: but of course i dont have the EGR switched on.

2. Denatured alcohol in the gas tank....being a cheapskate that i am I went to home depot and poured in around 4 liters to a half a tank.....PASSED

I still had the option of a K8 manifold + K8 ECU so i can run the EGR on the KLZE that was rigged up to it but i didnt want to buy a K8 manifold and disconnect and reconnect all these vacuum lines.......

Now i finally have plates :freak: :freak:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
King58

Post by King58 »

Congrats :2thumbsup:

94' RS Sold
94' GS Sold

96' GS PROJECT XD
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

King58 wrote:Congrats :2thumbsup:
thanks, its about time. I been on temp tags and shipping papers for 3 months now......I was pulled over every 10 minutes------

i was looking into some custom plate options but all the ones i wanted were taken or i had to use numbers and letters. :roll: :roll:

I wanted
"MZD SPD" or "MZDASPD" = mazdaspeed

"A Spec" i needed numbers so I tried "A SP3C" but it looked dumb and im sure people would think it means "A Spick"

So I settled on "MZDA MX3" bet ya cant guess what it means :lol: :lol: :lol:
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Congrats bud... The new cat would have helped... most cheepy aftermarket cats will fail on NOx but be ok for everything else...

The idle issues sorted out as well??

For the tick I wouldn't worry to much about it.. its pretty common the KLs... only thing I would do is pull valve covers and plasti gauge the cam clearances... If they are low you can sand down the cam caps and bring the clearances back up tighter... this will help keep bring oil pressure back up and help keep the lifter pumped up preventing the ticking sound..
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

crazycanadian wrote:Congrats bud... The new cat would have helped... most cheepy aftermarket cats will fail on NOx but be ok for everything else...

The idle issues sorted out as well??

For the tick I wouldn't worry to much about it.. its pretty common the KLs... only thing I would do is pull valve covers and plasti gauge the cam clearances... If they are low you can sand down the cam caps and bring the clearances back up tighter... this will help keep bring oil pressure back up and help keep the lifter pumped up preventing the ticking sound..
ah ok ill look into doing that and no it wasnt officially sorted out. I got another TB from the wreckers and put it on and all was ok. The idle was high but i just fiddled with the linkage until i got the idle where i wanted it.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Congratz on passing... You actually made me think for the 1st time in my life I will get a custom plate lol

With the lack of mx's in Michigan I should be able to pick what I want ;)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
kulluminati777

Re: kulluminati777's Big Brake Bananza

Post by kulluminati777 »

I came home from school to a very lovely surprise! My ceika BBK! I had them send me a gold color caliper and rotor so it matches my underhood theme :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :2thumbsup:

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Finally, no more Brembo covers!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

They look nice!

Bolt those puppies up and take some pictures now! :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
clunet

Post by clunet »

Really interested in how these work for you... how did you order these brakes, how much?

Thanks!
Tim

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”