WTB OEM V6 exhaust manifold heat shields

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
mx3_ryder
antispam: No

WTB OEM V6 exhaust manifold heat shields

Post by mx3_ryder »

looking for a good set of exhaust manifold heat shields from 1.8L V6
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: WTB OEM V6 exhaust manifold heat shields

Post by MrMazda92 »

Do you need the full set?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

I need the rear one, but if your front one is in better shape then mine I will take both.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I have the full set, it'll be coming off later today hopefully... I'm installing headers, so I won't be needing the stock stuff anymore.

I'll take pictures tonight or tomorrow for you!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

The bolts that hold those shields on (8 or 10 mm ?) strip easily. I had to tear my shields off to get to the manifold bolts. Do you already have headers? Mine are coming off. Is your y-pipe in good condition? Thanks, Chris

8)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

That they do, I spray the hell out of them with penetrant and tape them out with a wrench usually.

Are they short or long tube headers? I already have a set, but a friend of mine is on the hunt for some as well. He may be interested, depending on condition and price!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Short tube headers. They are in good condition with about 4000 miles on them. Finish is a little discolored from heat and egr is capped off with threaded plug. Do you have a stock y-pipe you will be removing when you install your headers cause maybe we could just make a trade or something and you can sell them to your buddy.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Awesome, that'd be perfect for him!

I have a couple of them, one of them is in far better condition than the other though. I have 2 of my cars torn partially down in the driveway right now, I'll start removing it this week...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

I will also take the exhaust manifolds in the trade. So your stock exhaust manifolds, heat shields and the better of the two y-pipes for my headers and y-pipe. Let me know when your close to having everything off so I can start taking mine off. Shouldn't take me more than an hour or so to get them off.
:D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I have the full set currently pulled from my '92.

The y-pipe is a little dented, due to the car being so low to the ground, but it's all intact and not rusted through. :D
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Send me some pics please :D
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

If the 92 doesn't have the better of the two y pipes i'm not interested especially if its dented. Looking for one with no damage, dents and heat shields still intact etc. I have a y pipe that's just missing a heat shield but still very usable. I would still like the manifold heat shields if you can get me some pics of those. Thanks :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'll get pictures of the whole setup :)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

bump... still looking for these :D
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

Just need the front exhaust manifold heat shield. Anyone...

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”