Parrot Asteroid

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Josh
Supporting Member

Parrot Asteroid

Post by Josh »

So my long awaited stereo. I have been wanting this deck for almost a year. Finally received it for X mas. For 275. bucks you really cannot go wrong. Probably the best modern upgrade I have made to the MX. This thing is basically an Android tablet in your single din. it is Bluetooth, Internet ready. access to over 16000 radio stations world wide, full phone integration, and has nav and google maps. pretty amazing. Even with as loud as my car is driving down the road making calls is a breeze, I can even send voice to SMS via the deck. BAD @$$

Needless to say I am in love. it is 55 watts x4 so for now it is decent until I get my sub and high level amps I want. It is crystal clear FM radio, and anything i send it via Bluetooth. I am just running Infinity reference components up front and no name 3 ways in the rear. But I am going to swap to reference 2 ways in the rear with an additional 2x 3" Hi output 3 ways and a single 10" sub. the entire system will only be about 1000 watts

Does involve some installation though, had to install a GPS sensor on the dash, a mic up by the rear view mirror, an I pod plug, Aux plug, and 2 USB plugs in the Glove box as well.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Parrot Asteroid

Post by mitmaks »

Fits pretty well, looks cool too.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh thats cool :love: :love: now that you have sexy distractions on the inside. Theres no need for a ugly dumb old crusty lame white MS bonnet badge on the outside, I guess ill be a bud and take it off your hands :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i really wanted that deck cause there was someone selling one locally for $180 but i didn't have the funds at the time =(
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have not hooked it up to internet yet, I need to root my phone first, Sprint sucks that way. But everything else is awesome. Cannot wait to complete the system. Kulliminati - nice try ;)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im trying my jedi mind tricks on you
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Josh,
Love the head unit, looks good man! A small note on rooting and tethering with an Android though... Try to keep the data usage around the same level as when you don't tether. "Free tethering" can get you an overinflated bill, if they catch you doing it. A few of my friends got in trouble because they weren't cautious, and used it for online gaming -.-
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Josh,
Love the head unit, looks good man! A small note on rooting and tethering with an Android though... Try to keep the data usage around the same level as when you don't tether. "Free tethering" can get you an overinflated bill, if they catch you doing it. A few of my friends got in trouble because they weren't cautious, and used it for online gaming -.-
You know Sprint is like the only carrier with a "no limit" data plan... right? I tether my phone all the time.. over 14Gb last month... I think my peak was 35Gb...
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Demonic1 wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:Josh,
You know Sprint is like the only carrier with a "no limit" data plan... right? I tether my phone all the time.. over 14Gb last month... I think my peak was 35Gb...
Yep! and they support rooted phones. It is all a scam anyways. I was looking into getting a USB 3/4G card and they want like 200 bucks with mail in rebate, then like 70 a month for like 6 Gigs a month... I can add my old rooted 4 g phone back onto my account and leave it plugged in in the glove box for an additional 10 bucks a month. their logic is ridiculous. I am not worried about Data. Its pretty sweet to stream music while driving now and then take a call and not have to throw my phone down every time I see a cop :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I used to use (and paid for it) EasyTether Pro because I didn't need to root my phone for tethering with it. When I got my phone sent away for service back in spring, they also upgrade it from Android 2.1 to 2.3.3 and it comes with a tethering and a wifi hot spot option. I've got 6gb's of data (for the price of 1gb, a spring special I got this year) with Telus which is actually quite decent and is my connection to the real world when I'm out on exercise, especially the last one which was 7 weeks...I was quite heavy (including some torrents) and used 5.1gb that month, but my old 10gb stick with Rogers, I'd do forums and Facebook and it wasn't enough. I had always suspected they were ripping me off, especially after using it for 3 days (split a wired internet connection with some friends because it was unreliable and expensive) and they claimed 7.9gb of usage. After 4:30pm I could barely surf the net and log on to MSN, never mind downloading anything...My other buddy got a $300 bill while it was sitting in his drawer unused, they wouldn't do anything for him either.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yeah it is crazy, I am just going to root my phone over the weekend. I picked up the new LG Optimums G and its pretty dope, and really easy to root. Worst case if I cannot get it to work direct connection with my phone or internet via bluetooth then I will buy a USB wifi adapter and hotspot my phone. :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Your phone doesn't have a native tethering/hotspot option?

Settings -> Wireless & network Settings -> Tethering & Portable Hotspot

?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Your phone doesn't have a native tethering/hotspot option?

Settings -> Wireless & network Settings -> Tethering & Portable Hotspot

?
oh no it does, But to use them Sprint forces you to pay extra. BUT if you root your phone all those options work just fine.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”