Carbon Fiber products part 2

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Flyer

Re: Carbon Fiber products part 2

Post by Flyer »

Did someone say CF hatch? :p
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

That looks like its ready to be shipped and donated to the kulluminati fund :love2:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
easts1d3
antispam: No

Post by easts1d3 »

Flyer wrote:Image
Did someone say CF hatch? :p
I sent you a pm
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

dam i want one !!! that cf hatch :D how much is it
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

There was a groupbuy ages ago...I think there are only 10 or 11 out there right now, but not many can afford it

There are a total of THREE true carbon FRP hatchs in ON, including the one I have, and a few wrapped ones.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I opted for the Fiberglass one that doesn't have the thin layer of Carbon Fiber, because it was cheaper, and I painted it, anyway. It has been in continuous use since the group buy. It saved about 70 pounds, with the Lexan instead of glass.
Flyer, is yours true carbon fiber, or fiberglass with a thin outer layer of carbon fiber, like the rest of them?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Same group buy bro :p
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

70lbs?!?!?! That is alot! I wish the hatch would hold the MS wing then I would really want one!! :confused2:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

There is a thread on here somewhere about weight savings and what each part of your car weighs. I thought the OE hatch with glass only weighed about 60-68lbs in total... I thought that with the CF hatch and lexan it was only like a 30 or 40 lb savings over OE?

I would love a cf hatch my only thing is under heavy cornering the rear is already light. Heck I keep 100lbs of tools in the trunk all the time anyways. and When I take them out it is very noticeable.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:T I thought the OE hatch with glass only weighed about 60-68lbs in total... I thought that with the CF hatch and lexan it was only like a 30 or 40 lb savings over OE?
The OEM hatch can't be that light, if that's the case then I've become extremely weak.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

ok here you go found this
Mooneggs wrote:it will basically bring your hatch weight down :mrgreen: so I'm not sure how much the lexan sheet actually weighs... once we get one we should weigh it to see exactly. Right now the hatch glass alone weighs 49 pounds...
Technical specs:

-OEM Hatch w/ glass: 77 lbs.

-OEM Hatch w/o glass: 28 lbs.
I was off by a few lbs in each direction. You will only be saving aprox 50 lbs.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Ah. Yes. I got my numbers confused. Unless those struts weigh 20lbs :lol:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

fowljesse wrote:Ah. Yes. I got my numbers confused. Unless those struts weigh 20lbs :lol:
Well if you have a GS and pull the rear squirter bottle the spare tire and the jack that might equal 20 if the squirter is full of fluid :)
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

easts1d3 wrote:Do you have any picture updates on your rad support mold?
i will be your first customer :D
I've had a mold for a while now. I've made 3 so far and the last one is on my car :P .
I still need to work the surface and sand and trim the edges a little bit but it's all carbon.

It's hard to see surface flaws, maybe because of the lighting.
easts1d3

Post by easts1d3 »

Dang! That turned out really good, how come the rad rubber mounts are not installed?

Return to “Appearance”