CS mazdaspeed front bumer with MS3 grill pic

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

CS mazdaspeed front bumer with MS3 grill pic

Post by Thefez »

Does someone have a pic of the MS3 grill in the CS mx3 bumper? I thought I saw someone post about it. Would love to see what it looks like, -fez
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: CS mazdaspeed front bumer with MS3 grill pic

Post by MrMazda92 »

Same here, I'm grill-less and wanting to use my MS bumper.

If it looks good, I'll be a little better off than I thought!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

how much does the mesh from the grill go for usually? If someone was looking for the original mesh
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have a little bit of mesh from my RX8 MS bumper, I will snap a pic later tonight for you. There are many types of mesh out there. The mesh Mazda used was very clean in appearance, it was made not stamped out like most chicken wire meshes you will find.

I have been on the hunt for several years, I have talked with many manufactures of mesh and none sell what it is that I am looking for. I have found it on Ebay out of the UK but thats the only place I have seen it.

I will get a pic for you
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

im not looking but i got my hands on a actual MS bumper replacing an extra corksport copy bumper that im swapping over and maybe taking the mesh off if its worth it :shrug:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm debating what I will do to solve my mesh problem... It's the sole reason I haven't used my MS bumper yet. It's a big deal to me, almost as much as the risk that I'll damage the bumper on Oregon roads.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

kulluminati777 wrote:im not looking but i got my hands on a actual MS bumper replacing an extra corksport copy bumper that im swapping over and maybe taking the mesh off if its worth it :shrug:
yeah, honestly cant believe you would part such a beauty ;)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:im not looking but i got my hands on a actual MS bumper replacing an extra corksport copy bumper that im swapping over and maybe taking the mesh off if its worth it :shrug:
yeah, honestly cant believe you would part such a beauty ;)

well when you have the real deal who needs the copy/replica. If you guys would need the mesh from the corksport i could sent it out after OCT 5th to who ever needs it. Thats when i go get my real mazdaspeed nose :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Whats the difference between the MS one and the CS? Is there any kind of stamping or sometihing to distinguish them?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

I have the CS Mazdaspeed and it's a great looking, and good fitting bumper. I can't imagine too much difference in quality. The price is what turned me onto the CS - 250 vs 600 or there about. I've been happy with mine for years.. 8)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

The difference in quality from the MS to the CS cover is quite a bit. the MS is hand laid matte fiberglass vs blown in like the CS cover. it is a little thicker and more rigid. there is also a MS logo and part number under the last layer of FG on the back side :)

Outside is the same, but sometimes its for the principle
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:The difference in quality from the MS to the CS cover is quite a bit. the MS is hand laid matte fiberglass vs blown in like the CS cover. it is a little thicker and more rigid. there is also a MS logo and part number under the last layer of FG on the back side :)

Outside is the same, but sometimes its for the principle

agreed
wertys

Post by wertys »

Ill take a picture later so you guys can see, looks nice imo
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

Post a pic of a true mazdaspeed front bumper, please. I do notice with my CS bumper, that there is a gap under the headlights you probably don't get with the real one. That's really the only issue I have with it. Other than that, I still think its pretty robust. I've managed to rip it off backing off a trailer and it was still in one piece. I want to modify the bumper, possibly make my own mould and re-do certain areas of it - later though..
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

The reason people have gaps under the headlights is because they are probably missing the foam blocks that are glued to the reinforcement that are positioned under the headlights.

Return to “Appearance”