Clutch bleeding

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
WhiteFinish

Clutch bleeding

Post by WhiteFinish »

When I disconnect my clutchline, do I still have brake pressure ?

That would mean; are they 2 different systems ?? (Clutch / brakes)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Clutch bleeding

Post by Sleeper6 »

Seperate system, shared resevoir. The clutch master is fed by a reserve portion at the rear of the brake master cylinder resevoir. If you look at the back of the master where the larger hose is clamped on youll see the partition in the resevoir, make sure when your bleeding you clutch out to keep the fluid topped to the brim or its very easy to pull in air. Save yourself some time and get a vacuum bleeder like the one I linked in my log otherwise youll be there forever trying to gravity/manually bleed the clutch system.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
davmac

Re: Clutch bleeding

Post by davmac »

Hand vacuum pump works great and is a good tool to have.

You can also consider a pressure bleeder like the ones made by motive power bleeder. In the US they sell sprayers for lawn and garden use - you would put weed killer or fertilizer in them and pump it up and spray the stuff on your garden. It is like a bicycle tire pump mounted on a 1 or 2 gallon plastic bottle. The pump pressurizes the bottle to push the fluid inside through a sprayer. It would be easy to rig up a garden sprayer with a spare brake / clutch reservoir cap and use it to power bleed the clutch or brakes. The power bleeder works from the reservoir end. It keeps the system under pressure and adds hydraulic fluid as it is released from the bleeder screws that you open and close at your leisure.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”