Sleeper6's Gold 92GS Updated paint pics!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS back from the machine shop

Post by AaronTietje »

Wow they do look great. :shock:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Performed a new weight saving mod today, I call it the wheel shaving mod...
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am interested.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Sleeper6

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS

Post by Sleeper6 »

Been having some more fun with the mx, installed a pacesetter shortshifter, big difference! Oh and Ive been doing some respraying that will most likely take me into october to finish up but Ill get some pics up soon.

Oh and my wheel shaving mod was when I sheared my LF ball joint off and took a groove out of my wheel, fun day that was but no damage other wise. :D
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
WhiteFinish

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS speedbumps

Post by WhiteFinish »

Sleeper6 wrote:
wagZE wrote:Man it is a pain bleeding these clutches & brakes. 2 people & alot of patience haaa. How much was that bleeder thingee you got?
about $38, It was what I should have done to start with. You hook it up to the bleeder and just keep pumping it to keep a constant 15psi vacuum and it pulls the fluid through the system for you to prime it in about 5-10mins.
where did you buy it ?
What is it called ?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

are you talking about a speed bleeder?

SPEEED BLEEDER DUN DUN DUNNN
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
davmac

Post by davmac »

Its a hand vacuum pump. Mityvac is a brand name but there are plenty of no names that will also work. When bleeding brake or clutch lines you connect it to the bleeder valve and create a vacuum by squeezing the handle. It then pulls hydraulic fluid through the clutch / brake line and removes the air from the line with one person and in shorter time compared to gravity bleed. It can also be used to test vacuum actuators like the VIRS, EGR etc.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Yea its a vacuum bleeder, care full if you order a speed bleeder as most of those are just canisters that you hook onto a bleeder and have to push on the pedals. They are still useful but only if you already have fluid in the lines, the vacuum pumps just pull it through but it gets easy to exceed whats in the reservoir if you dont pay attention.
93 GS red (wrecked)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I like the 2 person bleeding method well enough... It's pretty straight forward. Have your helper pump the brakes 3-4 times, then release the bleed screw. Do this 2-4 times, and the fluid(with lots of air) will immediately surge out. After you start seeing fewer bubbles, release the bleed screw and have your helper slowly depress the pedal. About 80% of the way down, tighten the screw. Repeat this last step 2 or so times and you'll have air free brakes...

This takes about 20 minutes if your helper is a first timer, and you have to individually jack up each wheel. Start with the right rear, and work your way closer to the master cylinder. Right rear, left rear, right front, left front. DONE! :D

A little plastic cup with a plastic hose cost me ~$3, and it holds enough fluid to do 2 calipers before being emptied.
A speed bleeder screw would have a 1 way valve, that doesn't allow air to return to the lines... This would be very helpful if you don't have a helper.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Sleeper6

Re: Sleeper6's Gold 92GS revival 1.1

Post by Sleeper6 »

alright so along time ago I had said i did a wheel shaving mod, it was actually a broken ball joint that happened in the driveway but I finally found the pic of the rim minus about a 1/8-1/4" of aluminum:

More serious note, check out the stance!

why you ask? Why my RWD mx3?

This comes from a pretty much concrete idea my rear headgasket is shot, hopeful plan is that now that I traded my seat (not sure if I want to say thanks or not, jk thanks again to aaron) I can have this motor prepped 100%, install the new HG/intake/KL47TB and have a sweet trouble free KL and then save money for allistar to rework the problem child in the engine bay now. Crossing my fingers as the heads are already broken loose, now for the other half to get rehired so I can start getting serious again.

*edit and yes, stock tail lights, im trying again for the whole sleeper look
93 GS red (wrecked)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm glad to see Aarons engine is going into another MX3 instead of one of those icky probes :D

---damn Aaron made that engine pretty....looking forward to it!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

RobMinhas wrote:I'm glad to see Aarons engine is going into another MX3 instead of one of those icky probes :D

---damn Aaron made that engine pretty....looking forward to it!
I will say he made it pretty, but if things go right you wont even be able to recognize it. Just worked out a tentative deal to send both heads & intake tb combo out to be ported and matched in 2 Wks.
93 GS red (wrecked)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

A mid ship MX3...that would be cool

the results would be outstanding!! like a renault clio sport....great car!

oh wow you luck bastard. How dare u get a good engine to swap into your car :lol: :lol:

I always wondered if n engine would fit in the back......is the spare tire still back there?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

kulluminati777 wrote:A mid ship MX3...that would be cool

the results would be outstanding!! like a renault clio sport....great car!

oh wow you luck bastard. How dare u get a good engine to swap into your car :lol: :lol:

I always wondered if n engine would fit in the back......is the spare tire still back there?
Nope you can just see it under my coat, however the engine sits nicely in that lil cuby hole
93 GS red (wrecked)
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

So, Glen has been holding out on updates. :roll:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”