The "Quick Question" Thread

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wytbishop

Re: The "Quick Question" Thread

Post by wytbishop »

on the V6 MT the drain plug is where you'd expect it to be...on the bottom. There are a couple of raised bosses around the plug to protect it in case the car bottoms out hard.

The fil plug is on the front of the casea few inches below the midline of the transmission. It's the same size as the drain plug and it's the only one like it.

You don't need a tranfer pump. They use a pump in dealerships and pro shops because 75W90 oil is thick and it takes a long time to drain through a funnel. I buy the stuff in the squeezie bottles and attach a tube to the bottle and squeeze it in. It still takes forever but it's better than pouring through a long funnel and waiting for it to flow on its own.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool i love this thread :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

kulluminati777 wrote:i read the FAQ on changing tranny fluid but there is no pics :( :( :( Is it possible to get pics or links to pics of the transmission fill hole and drain hole i have an idea where it is but im not sure also do i really need fluid transfer pump or could people just do it with a funnel :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

P.S. its a V6
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/photo.php?f ... J2-007.gif
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh wow even better thanks, also if you think im askin dumb Q's now. Just wait till my ZE swap in January :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote:oh wow even better thanks, also if you think im askin dumb Q's now. Just wait till my ZE swap in January :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This made me :lol: :lol: . And then :crying: . I want a ZE.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol:

ok this one will stump you all. I did the paper clip thing and im 99.9% sure i got codes 02 and 04. Although the way i read it at first i thought i got 11 and 24 but there is no such thing according to the 1992 workshop manual. :lol: :lol:

Ok so i know there are 2 crank angle sensors. There is one detecting the crankshaft pulley position correct? i have replaced that one but found out later i more then likely never need to because its some kind of magnet analog mumbo? :shrug: :shrug: and there is one in the disty. Now the one in the disty i have never replaced and heard those tend to malfunction even after a HEI + external coil mod. Is there anyway to get just that sensor without getting a whole new disty? Are these codes deeper then the sensors or when i replace them ill be fine??
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ok as far as codes go never mind i got it wrong again

my code is actually 24

diagnosed circuit= feed back system (right side)

condition= sensor output not changed 50 sec. after engine exceeds 1,500 rpm

point= fuel pressure, injection fuel leakage, ignition system, air leakage, ECU

-tomorrow im going to find an air leakage somewhere, any ideas where to start?

-as far as ignition system goes, i ave a external coil and HEI so maybe one of those are bad :shrug: :shrug: or i was thinking the crank angle sensor inside the disty (but i doubt it would the ecu not throw a code just for that)

-to check the ECU...any ideas???

-and fuel pressure, would the car knock a bit like its running out of gas, i dont smell gas or see any fuel leaks or even notice a decline in MPG so how would i check this??

Besides the check engine light coming on while driving i notice when i first turn the car on it idles a little rough but a tiny peck of the gas peddle gets rid of that, also right when the light does come on there is a slight bump in the gas peddle........
Last edited by kulluminati777 on September 5th, 2012, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

kulluminati777 wrote: Besides the check engine light coming on while driving i notice when i first turn the car on it idles a little rough but a tiny peck of the gas peddle gets right of that, also right when the light does come on there is a slight bump in the gas peddle........

Im having the same problem. The CEL started coming on about 4 or 5 days ago. Seems to only happen when I'm keeping it at a constant speed. It will go away within 45-60 seconds...which does not leave me much time to check it while its visible. And ya, my car idles like shat first thing in the morning or extended short term parking...couple blips of the throttle and the cold idle works as it normal should.

** EDIT- I also feel it in the motor when it comes on. During the day, that is the only time I catch it. Will the code be stored as long as the battery has not been disconnected??

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yup same here, and i bet you pull the same code, yeah the code will be there till u disconnect the battery and push the brake pedal for 20 seconds. Im sure even if you do all that the code will pop back up if there is something for sure wrong
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

some codes are stored, some are not. The symptoms you're describing suggest O2 sensor to me. Pull the codes and look in the manual for the troubleshooting procedure. Follow the manual. They're usually right.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Got the code to come on in the shop. 24 & 17. Looks like I do need some o2 sensors. :)

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Nailed it...again!
My Worklog
My feedback thread
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

wytbishop wrote:Nailed it...again!
wytbishop for president!

The codes where there before I blew the last DE, but vanished until now...2 months later.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Anyone have experience with fitting 16x8's on stock style struts?

What sort of offset were you looking at?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”