ALT / PS tensioner pulleys bearings noisey

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

ALT / PS tensioner pulleys bearings noisey

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Both of my tensioners bearings are gone is their any aftermarket solution? like alluminum high performance ones or something besides OE, this is my second set and they don't last long. Ive been searhing around for awhile seeing if anyone makes them but came up empty.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: ALT / PS tensioner pulleys bearings noisey

Post by mitmaks »

Just match them up with aftermarket bearing. I was able to take mine to work and we have bunch of them (large machine shop) and got it pressed in.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
davmac

Re: ALT / PS tensioner pulleys bearings noisey

Post by davmac »

I found references to 6203 bearing for power steering and alternator tensioner bearings. If you take the pulley out it should be possible to press the old ones out with hammer and socket. Be a little more careful putting new ones in. If you don't have a press you might use a vice and the old bearing outer race. A trick that has worked for me is to heat the pulley in the oven at around 350 deg F. Put some oil on the outer race of the new bearing and use a vice, stout bolt and thick washers or even hammer with pipe that is diameter of the outer race to gently push the new bearing into the pulley.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”