AEM Fuel and Ignition Controller wiring

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
SBR
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

AEM Fuel and Ignition Controller wiring

Post by SBR »

I think whoever wrote the electical diagram for the ECU should be beat with a sack of oranges. (Rant aside)

I recently purchased an AEM F/IC for $160 brand new local. Good deal, and pretty much gives me everything I could need (for now). However, there's a lack of MX-3 ECU wiring diagrams.

I think I've got them all, but I'd like some second opinions. All of the connections are being made near the ECU on the wiring harness.

Fuel Injectors (1-6): orange, yellow/violet, yellow/black, orange/white, yellow/black, gray
O2 sensors: blue/white, white
TPS: green/yellow
Crank position sensor: light gray (?)
G and NE1: purple/green, purple white
VAF: ???
IAT: red/black

Crank position sensor I am unsure of. It's a pain and a half trying to understand that schematic on the electrical diagram.

More specifically for the VAF, which wire is for airflow? May use the MAP or add a MAF and have an analog output simulate the VAF, so need to know.

Please and thank you.
Black 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS - daily driver
Kenwood BT-948HD, MB Quart FX4.100 and ONX1.1000D, Polk MM6501 x4, Polk MM1240
SE interior, MOMO Endurance shift boot, Tomei long shift knob, eBay short shifter

Red 1987 Toyota MR2 - go kart

"If it's crazy you want, it's crazy you get."
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: AEM Fuel and Ignition Controller wiring

Post by youdirtyfox »

I have just wired in a AEM to my 1600, although I cannot give you specifics! Get a multimeter and make up some long reach probes for it then you can test which wires from the engine sensors go to the ECU plugs. We found the schematics to be quite helpfull really alot of the wire colours where the same just the wires in slightly different locations on the plug, not surprising really mine being a UK car.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: AEM Fuel and Ignition Controller wiring

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I did pretty much the exact same thing. - Had to make my own ecu diagrams that very way (as the 96 is a b1tch)

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”