Does your MX hate you??

Off-Topic Discussions
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Does your MX hate you??

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Want to start this to see if others are having as much "Fun" as I am having. I am 100% convicted that my car hates me an is fighting me with everything that I try an fix on it!! I don't know of its the car gods or if there was bad karma that came with the care from the previous owner but its getting old fast!!!
What have you guys had to deal with that pissed you off an got you thinking about torching your car for the insurance money???
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Does your MX hate you??

Post by Mooneggs »

Tavman_1213 wrote:What have you guys had to deal with that pissed you off an got you thinking about torching your car for the insurance money???
This community does not condone insurance fraud... :roll:

I know what you are saying though, but you have to remember you are dealing with an almost 20 year old car and/or 150k+ in mileage in most cases. The main problem is that most of us miss the root cause the first time and/or everything seems to break at the same time. The secondary problem is most of the "mods" we do affect/break other things...
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I lucked out and so far my only problems have been a blown strut, an intake leak and a broken alternator belt.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Just take this and you'll feel just fine about your car guaranteed. http://www.medicinenet.com/quetiapine/article.htm

I've had a couple of things go wrong but with the info here and experience it's usually a quick fix. I had a fuel pump go, 10 mins to diagnose, coolant leak fixed, fuel tank pump screws broken (drill and tap in progress). A few other issues but all in all no show stoppers.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Maintenance is something that needs to be done, if you don't like that, buy one new off the lot or lease one...

You never know the history of a vehicle, but you gotta maintain her if you want her to be reliable. You can burn it, and get something new, and that something new can be even worse since you really don't know what you got.

What kind of problems have you had?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tbondo

Post by tbondo »

I'm pretty sure mine has hated me for the past couple of years. I did the 2.5 klde swap and it has never ran right since. I've been beating my head against the wall for the past 2 years (summers) trying to track down the issues. I have finally given up along with my empty wallet and put her up for sale for someone else to get a good deal to finish.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Well In doing this rebuild of the car I am taking 2 steps forward an one step back in almost everything from the interior to the engine. But I am being a perfectionist with it as well which is making it worse!! It's a curse cause I see all the imperfections! I guess I am just b----ing an complaining about it cause I just want to be driving it!!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988

Return to “Off-Topic”