Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

yeah - looking good
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

My A-pillar gauge pod holder is on its way don't know when it will get here but oh well. Also was able to pick up this fun stuff

One of my friends has the same on his ZE-T but he never used the recirc kit that he bought for it so I may snag that off of him!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

wicked! how much that set you back?
let me know if you don't get the recirculation kit for yourself, i would be very interested it in.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

no recirc kit. Kills the sound of the HKS, and who cares if you run a little rich when the TB closes
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

At this point I dont really care if I put the recirc kit on there but I will probably keep it just incase it starts to becomes annoying after a while(sorry EVO). I just want to get all my piping done but I have been told by my Financial Advisor(AKA the wife) to try not to buy anything till after we come back from Mexico!! We leave June 4th!!
Oh well My gauge pillar pod should be in an I can work on that plus Senoir Mike should be back with some more peel an seal, which will also keep me busy. I still have another wheel bearing and painting of a nuckle to do. I have enough to keep me going until I get back!!
Sigh lots to do but I have been working on the car so much lately its starting to drag on me because of the detail work that I am doing an that I have had to fix pretty much everything the previous owner ever touched!! I'm not gonna lie a week off from thinking about it maybe a good thing for a person every once in a while. Dont get me wrong I like working on my car but just need a break every once in a while.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Tavman_1213 wrote:At this point I dont really care if I put the recirc kit on there but I will probably keep it just incase it starts to becomes annoying after a while(sorry EVO). I just want to get all my piping done but I have been told by my Financial Advisor(AKA the wife) to try not to buy anything till after we come back from Mexico!! We leave June 4th!!
Oh well My gauge pillar pod should be in an I can work on that plus Senoir Mike should be back with some more peel an seal, which will also keep me busy. I still have another wheel bearing and painting of a nuckle to do. I have enough to keep me going until I get back!!
Sigh lots to do but I have been working on the car so much lately its starting to drag on me because of the detail work that I am doing an that I have had to fix pretty much everything the previous owner ever touched!! I'm not gonna lie a week off from thinking about it maybe a good thing for a person every once in a while. Dont get me wrong I like working on my car but just need a break every once in a while.
dun worry about me, i'll just get a recirc BOV since i need a new BOV anyways.

i fully agree with you, you do need a break from it once and a while, i hope the week in mexico will clear your head of it and you'll come back anxious to work on it =)
I'm doing all these small jobs on my mx in attempt to finally get it in the condition i want to get it registered and stuff so i can start driving it but for some reason all these small jobs become much larger because of all these problems i keep having and i'm getting so frustrated with it that i wanna smash the thing and burn it (cause i refuse to sell it lol), it doesn't help that my DD celica is starting to have issues because of it's mileage and age putting more pressure on me to get the mx done sooner and my financials aren't quite ready to fix everything........bah!!!!!!!!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^ I know how you feel, I am the same way. Me and my RS is really like a love hate thing and sometimes I love to hate it, but I will never sell it.

The best BOV I used was a OE probe BOV on my 1.6 motor. :? worked great and never had an issue. But I swapped to the Greddy RS open atmosphere and it took some time to get it set proper. but It does its job, it did not go off the way I had expected it to as I ended up having to have it a little tighter than I wanted. I may end up putting the recirc kit on it with the new turbo setup. we will have to see
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I ripped my interior all back out Again cause I was going to be getting some more peel an seal but they didn't have a lowes where Mike was goin! Oh well but I still had my interior ripped part so I decided to get some spray rubberized undercoating an do inside an the underside! Went to crappy tire an found it was on sale.... Score!! I bought 15 cans and went to town. The stuff worked really well but I don't recommend trying to do this in one day cause the fumes take a while to dissipate!! :freak:

Found about 2 bucks worth of change an some neck less.

I even went to the extreme of spraying a thick layer over the peel an seal that I just finished up!!
Now I am going to take my carpet to a friends place to use their pressure washer to clean it before it goes back in!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Haven't made a post in a while so heres the updates: redded out tail lights, wired in boost an oil pressure gauges, fixed the speedo lights that were out(flipped LEDs around) and got a surprise from Mi|<e he didn't know that I had sprayed the inside of my car an got me 4 rolls of peal an seal!!
I have only used 2 rolls of the seal on the center console an passanger floor board but I have doubled up under the seat area an around the shifter area!
The rough estimate I all the peal an seal including all the under coating that I have done weighs MAX 45 pounds!!
Last edited by Tavman_1213 on June 29th, 2012, 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

that's a lot of coating and seal, i'm sure the car's gonna be quite as hell!
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Been ordering stuff like crazy for the car! Ordered my tires from tired rack, just got all my brakes an some suspension stuff and the wife let me buy a deck an front speaker(still undesided on what size to put in the rear)
Finished putting the peal an seal in the front only ended up using 3 rolls of it! Then took a heat gun to it an smoothed/ bonded it to the floor!! Installed my deck as well as my sub!
So on the list of things to do is:
- clean an install carpet and seats
- finish up passanger side wheel bearing an axle
- front an rear brakes(also bleeding them)
- rear wheel bearings
- front an rear sway bar links
- finish cutting out intercooler piping holes
- make intercooler piping
- make exhaust

So yeah it's still a big list but my goal is August 5th to have this thing on the road!! Not much time at all with working 4 jobs hahaha(all work an not play makes jack go crazy!!!)

Oh I also got to play around in my uncles toy
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Nice! i didn't realize you got a deck and stuff, i thought you just got the sub/amp installed. What tires are you getting? how much did they cost?

Lookin good 8), that list looks way smaller than the one i saw when i came over last time
your car looks weird with an interior =P
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

hey if its rolling by aug 5th you can come down to the illmotion show n shine @ max bell, my car is going to be with all the 1st gear auto cars (found out the other day that my spot is payed for already and i have no choice but to go lol)
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I cant promise that it will be done but I am going to try my best!!
oh Shayne the tires I ordered are Kuhmo Ecsta LE Sport 215/40R17. I am going to use the rims that came with the car but in the winter I might get different ones or powder coat them. An a gentlemen never tells how much he paid for things. Also only part of my interior is in ;) still have dont have carpet or seats.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Tavman_1213 wrote:I cant promise that it will be done but I am going to try my best!!
oh Shayne the tires I ordered are Kuhmo Ecsta LE Sport 215/40R17. I am going to use the rims that came with the car but in the winter I might get different ones or powder coat them. An a gentlemen never tells how much he paid for things. Also only part of my interior is in ;) still have dont have carpet or seats.
all that work and you actually want to drive it in the winter? wtf are you smoking up there in the boonies?!?!?! you have a truck for a reason good sir :P
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”