My mx3 smashed

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Re: My mx3 smashed

Post by DeadMaker »

Do you know which is the funniest part?
That even if i find him he has the right to claim(which everyone has here in an accident)that he didn't crushed me.And to say that his car accident has nothing to do with mine.
Of course with witness in the trial i can prove that he is lying and take my money back with gain.
But in this case i will have to wait AT LEAST two years or more to go in court .And this is the best situation.The worst would be his lawyer to take postponement before the trial........
Add at least one year again..
As you understand this is the worst f...g system

I am waiting for tomorrow to get some reports..If i don't find him the lawyer will handle the next..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah its sad how these things happen. whats the book value of your car in greece?

my cars book value is a little over $1000, so even if i have full coverage which adds about $100 a month onto my insurance id only get $1000-$1500 tops if someone wrote off my car. i also wouldnt get to keep any of the parts if that was the case. my only option is to drive extremely defensive and take no chances with all the other drivers on the road. if i had a car i didnt care about id let all the people who lane change without looking crash into me. but sadly almost any damage to an mx3 in bc canada is considered a write off, and then the payout is pennies compared to what most people send on our cars.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

wytbishop wrote:It's Greece people. Things don't work like they do here.
+1

Everything is a lot more sketchy/corrupt in some parts of Europe.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm sorry to read this. Maybe, if you find out who he is, he could have a new dent in his car every night, until he confesses...
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
+1

Everything is a lot more sketchy/corrupt in some parts of Europe.
I disagree..
It's not the peoples fault.It's the way of the state work and all the organizations..
I agree there are a lot of exceptions but this goes in all over the world.

Anyway i have some good news :D
I finally after a LONG research found his plate number and got in contact with him!!
He said that he left me a note in the car-which i don't believe him otherwise it would be there-and that he has already admitted in his insurance that it was his fault the accident.
It needs two working days from the company to confirm this :evil:
But in every case i know now who crushed my car...
Last edited by DeadMaker on February 21st, 2012, 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Good to hear. I don't think Wyt was talking about Greek people, but Greece in general. He was addressing the people on this forum because they don't understand that the laws and procedures don't work the same as in North America. He should've put a comma after "Greece" so it would be easier to understand like "It's Greece, people." For once the guy who's the most anal about grammar makes a grammatical mistake of his own haha :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Hopefully you can get your money back through his insurance.

I would be "whatever he was drunk, fix my car !!! "
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I was actually only talking about the difference between the legal workings of your country and ours.

Sorry for the linguistic misunderstanding dead_maker. I have nothing but love for the people of Greece.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

wytbishop wrote:
I was actually only talking about the difference between the legal workings of your country and ours.

Sorry for the linguistic misunderstanding dead_maker. I have nothing but love for the people of Greece.
Hey no problem at all.No reason to ask sorry. :D
Even if you hated Greeks it would be you opinion which you have the right to have...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Good news is Greece was just approved a Billion Euro Bailout!! yay just like american companies...

But really though things are way different there, you cannot compare how the "system" is supposed to work from county to country, not even the same.

I was a victim of hit and run while I was in the car... she rammed my RS, 3 times in a parking lot with me in it, then got out and slapped me, and with her two toddlers in the car got back in and took off. I had her name plate number and it still took the cops over a month to arrest her... there is the "perception" of how we all think it should work, then there is reality. I can go on and on about bad, lazy cops... like when some punk tried to steal my zx10 and i stopped him at 4AM in my unmentionables and got stabbed 9 times by a flat blade screwdriver.. another bad cop story, found the kid a month later got his name and they wouldn't do a thing..

my point is sometimes its just not worth your time to pursue things. It is probably cheaper for you to fix your car than have insurance deal with it anyways. It sucks but sometimes that's how it goes.

And Canada insurance sucks, but that's how you guys get your car tabs too, unlike here in the states where it is state governed. I only pay 42.00 USD a month for full coverage on the GS, that even covers all aftermarket parts as long as they are documented :) but I have no tickets for over 3 years now "knock on wood" and no accidents, married, and am almost 30. My RX8 was 110 a month.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Agreed. On the one hand everyone from any country in the world could tell you a story of justice being completely overlooked. My only point was, that you can't make a comment like the towing company is repsonsible for this or that, and this or that law was broken and THIS should happen...just because that's what SHOULD happen or what would probably happen here.

It's a completely different culture with different laws and procedures. If the same thing happened to one of our UK members they would have a whole different story as to what their options were and a different story again if it happened in Portugal. Australia has DOT regulations that are completely crazy. I can only imagine what a person would go through there in a situation like this.

All of these countries around the world have their own way of doing things and we North Americans tend to think that it should be like it is here because it's just common sense...but it's just not.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”