Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Miguelitto

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 12/18 HEI problem solve

Post by Miguelitto »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nice magnets....

Also, I only saw your GOPRO videos now.... shame on me.. :oops: :oops:
nice videos....
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 1/27 MazdaSpeed Seats =

Post by Mooneggs »

Time for an update!

I recently noticed my radiator was leaking so I decided to swap out the one from the Race Car (more like Parts Car right now :crying: ). Anyways I took this opportunity to remove the A/C fan since I had removed the rest of the A/C components years ago... Just haven't had to do anything with the radiator since before I removed all of that. I noticed the swapped radiator didn't have one of the connectors so I swapped over some of the hoses, etc from the RC too. I had been noticing feathers coming up into the vents in my hood and I finally found out where they were coming from! Apparently I hit a bird and it landed and died in the little cupped metal piece that supports the hood latch and goes under the middle of the radiator. Poor little guy :cry:

I also decided to remove my HID bulbs due to a blown bulb and the other one on the fritz (kind of strobing a little sometimes). This led to an inexplicable problem until I removed the rest of the HID system. See this thread for the embarassing details: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=78969

I also finally received the MazdaSpeed Sport seats that I got from Rupewrecht in Australia, by way of Japan. I opted to have them shipped by boat vs. air to save myself some money. It just took them 3 months to get here... but that's what winter is for right? Shipping parts by boat from Australia right? :freak:

Anyways, I'd been looking for a decent set for a few years and I had already bought the MS seat brackets made for the mx-3 so literally it is a direct install into the car (so awesome not having to customize anything)!

The only problem is that there is no seatbelt holder or space for the seatbelt holder from the other seats... I have some RCI 5 point harnesses that I will be installing soon so that I can actually use the seats. First autocross race of the season is coming up in like 35 days! :driver:

Pics are kind of dark since it was getting dark out as I was installing them. Once I install the 5 point harnesses I'll get some more pics (surprise). It's cool because the seats fold way forward for easy access to the back, I kind of wish the OEM seats were designed this way! All I have to say is these are probably the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in! And supportive too, like just pure awesome! :freak: :mrgreen: Mazdacat also approves and took her rightful place on the throne... 8)

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

man those are beautiful......
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

sooo dibs on leather covers :mrgreen:

The mazdaspeed seats look great.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

jeffs93toy wrote:sooo dibs on leather covers :mrgreen:
Lol you forget I have 2 cars 8)

I remember when I got the leathers I never thought there would be a better upgrade from those! :shock: :o
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Thats ok you can just sell me the covers and the other car 8)

I was just joking on the covers something tells me that they wouldnt look good in my car which has more cracks than dash at this point. :oops:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

So jelly right now :). looks great
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

that is bad a-- if i was serious with racing i would SO get these but who knows i may change my mind...nice upgrade moon
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Cool seats. The fabric has a bride "feel" about it.......... (coloring I guess)

10 point for the bird BTW :2thumbsup:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I almost like those speed seats better that the Recaros I just got!! They look sexy!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

I really appreciate your commitment to finding rare and period correct Mazda parts. Your car is my favorite shade.......and Mazda Cat approved!
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Those are, hands down the greatest racing seats I've ever seen. They're absolutely beautiful. They match your car so well too. I'm in awe.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Those are well worth the 3-month/3yr wait!!! Theyre AWESOME!!!
Methinks that maybe MazdaCat decided to give the MazdaGod an offering for it's awesomeness, in the form of that bird, perhaps...? hahahaha
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

The seats are comfy too. :wink: They look even better in person than in pictures, but Mark needs to put them back in his car!!!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey Moony, was chatting with my cousin, apparently for lexan, he was saying that the only way to clean it without scratching it is with a Microfiber cloth and regular Pledge.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”