KFZE IM and ecu

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shadowmx3

KFZE IM and ecu

Post by shadowmx3 »

Have anyone try using a KFZE intake manifold with it ecu combo on a KLZE? Since they have square runner also. Make me wonder how it would perform.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KFZE IM and ecu

Post by Ryan »

Do you have access to one? USDM 2.5 Millenia is probably easiest manifold to find... KLG4's aren't hard either.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

No, I was just wondering if any one have, lol. I'm using millieana IM with KL36 atm.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The KFZE manifold runners don't look much bigger than the K8's, except it'll have square runners. I'm going to that than the KFZE IM will be a REDUCTION power, especially since you're already running a square-runner 2.5L manifold.

Running the KFZE ECU will be just as bad, it's designed for a 2.0L motor, what VAF you're suppose to use in combination with it I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure the KF uses K8 1800cc injectors and the ECU will be expecting such. You're already running the KL36 which is a very good ECU, just the VRIS points are off. With a KF ECU, EVERYTHING will be off, I would highly suggest to stay away from using it.

I would say throw away all idea of using the KFZE IM and ECU out of the window and burry them deep in the ground. Why are you asking anyway?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
shadowmx3

Post by shadowmx3 »

Ah thought it would give same power band and VIRS would be on point. Also might make it easier to fit any strut bar and mabe better mpg? :lol: Thanks for reply guys guy, idea toss out the brain now.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”