Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - 8/06/12 New Picture!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - CAI Installed...

Post by Daninski »

Hey nice score, mooneggs was looking for one so for him this is one fish that got away. :lol:

Anyway I just read your entire worklog and I'm impressed. You've done a great job. The only comment I have is at one point it looked like you painted the spoiler white and I was really feeling the whole black thing. Good luck on your new engine and if I take a holiday to Texas next year I'll be sure to top up my A/C. :lol: 112F Screw that.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Vecia
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Vecia »

LMAO... yeah, it gets hot here.

No, the spoiler was a dark grey primer at first then I went back over it with several coats of self etching, high build primer and the color of it was real light. That's why some of the pics looks white. Its red now although I need to redo it with more coats. I'm planning a full paint job for around spring break in march but I would like to do the engine swap before then. We will see how money goes. Thanks for the comments though.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Got the mask on! Looks freaking sweet! Would love to find the air dam. Hope you guys dig it. Thanks!

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

it actually looks pretty good cause your car's so minty fresh, it wouldn't look good at all on my rust bucket i love to much XD
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Believe me, it's not so minty fresh. The pics do it justice but it has allot of dings and scratches and the rear end was hit twice so it has issues. hopefully I will work them out soon but thanks man... One day I'll have the BPT set up, custom interior and the whole nine yards... Its my goal for sure.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Make sure you take that bra off once a month and wash under it..... Every single car I've seen that had a bra on it rots the tip of the hood and basically everything it touches.

Very nice looking car though. Don't sweat the accordion tube, its actually not a terrible design as far as air flow goes.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Thanks Ryan! Dig your worklog, man!

Yeah, I guess I should post a picture. The accordion is off...

I know it looks a little crude. Sorry; this is my first Cold Air Intake so its bound to go through a few changes.

As to the Mask; yeah, Ive seen some messed up paint and a bit of rust on a few myself. The box came with the Mazda recommended cleaning and stuff so I plan on following it to the letter. I most likely will be getting a body kit one day so its definitely not permanent.

Thanks for the comments Ryan and Evo!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Vecia wrote:Image
Wow this pic of your mx-3 looks awesome! I really like the black mirrors + the black bra :o

Nice score on the bra! I've been looking for one but I need a euro version with fog light holes and without side markers

I think you just need some clear front signals/markers and a GS lip and it will look sick! 8)
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Mooneggs,

No doubt, man!!!! I would love to find a GS lip... none at the wreckers here, at least not lately. In fact, I don't think Ive seen one here in Texas at all come to think of it. As to the markers; soon man, very soon. Been saving for the BPT transplant. the 10 bucks though I just couldn't turn down! lol

Thanks for the compliments Mooneggs! Your car however is beyond awesome man. You don't know how many times I have battled with myself on simply scrapping the OEM red and going flat!
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Nice pic! I love those wheels they seem to fit just right, beautiful car. Now just watch for standing water with that cold air, bet it sounds nice though when you step on it!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Vecia wrote:Got the mask on! Looks freaking sweet! Would love to find the air dam. Hope you guys dig it. Thanks!

I have a dumpy old beat up cover I want to put on but man oh man is that cover looking fresh on your car! looks great, this car is beautiful!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Thanks allot guys!

Sleeper6---> It sounds awesome. It has a nice, deep tone. Not like those cheep, ricer exhausts. (no offense to anyone that has one) When I'm on the freeway and drop it down into third and hit the gas, from 3k rpms on up to 5k it freaking growls loud as heck. Very nice tone. I don't know a whole lot about imports or intakes for that matter but from all of the stuff that I have read about CAIs, I have to say, I would recommend WeaponR to whoever asked, that's for sure. I think it was the tone of the intake that has got me hooked on imports now... lol. I can't wait to do this BP swap! I'm scared to death and completely excited all at the same time. This will be my first complete engine build from the skid plate up to the hood. Any suggestions anyone wants to throw at me or tips, I am all ears! or eyes I guess.
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

awesome mx man super clean and love the mask what a ware part and love your engine clean a phuk . keep up the good work and updates !!! :D
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Thanks man!
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Nothing really new to post. Ended up replacing my freaking water pump AGAIN yesterday. Made a post in the 4 Cyl. Discussion board about my cooling issue I have been having. Come to find out the water pump I just put in was bad and leaking from the main pump outlet as well as had a blown o-ring. Anyway, I pulled it and re installed a new one. No more critical parts will be bought by me from Ebay, that's for certain.

Day before yesterday, I reconfigured my CAI again... lol I think I got it this time and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I also deleted the Coolant Overflow Tank and installed an Autozone cheapo that was slimmer and allowed me to place my filter where I wanted it. This will work great until I get me a nice and shiny one later down the line. Eventually I put the filter in the fender but I'm going to wait I think until I relocate the battery. Of course, I won't do that until I get another battery.

Anyway, here are some pics for ya. Nothing special. Just want you guys to know she is still kicking... 280,000 miles and still Zoom Zoom'n!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”