Got some issues. Possible Disty or ECU?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
the wraith
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Got some issues. Possible Disty or ECU?

Post by the wraith »

Keep in mind this is a 92 MX3 GS with a 2.5L DE Swap

So, after going though the MX3, and replacing the disty with yet another disty.... still getting nothing.

It just isnt getting any spark what so ever.

It cannot be coincidence that 3 distys that claim to be fully functional and working be...not working.

could this be an ECU issue? Im using the 93-94 KL07 ECU, with a KL02 VAF.

Which leads me to my next thing.

Broke out the ohm meter, and tested the primary coil from the 3 pin A and C, which read decent. Tested the secondary and got a flat nothing. all of the distys i have laying here are reading this way.

Now, i noticed when i have the car's ignition switch to "ON" with both 3 pin and 6 pin plugged in, my lights on the cluster which are the battery, seat belt, and brake light stay on after key is out of the ignition.

If these are unplugged, all of the cluster lights are fine, turn off when the key is out of the ignition.

There has to be something im over looking or either something in the electrical that i cannot seem to figure out and i need some help. This car needs to be up and running in the next two weeks. Anything... and i mean anything anyone can do to help me trouble shoot would be awesome.

Things i have done:
Replaced Spark Plugs
Replaced Spark Plug Wires
Replaced Disty x3 times
Replaced Disty Cap
Replaced Fuel Pump
Replaced Fuel Filter
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Got some issues. Possible Disty or ECU?

Post by 2fazed »

Is your crank sensor on the left side of the engine good? If not, the car won't start. It's the one that runs down the timing belt cover.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Have you tried swapping the stock MX3 ECU and JE50 vaf in. That dash light situation is interesting, power coming from some where that shouldn't.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Only thing I can think of is what model of disty are you using? Post the code of it up here if you can. If it's the 95 version (they might have said it's a 92/3 but it might not be) then it won't work as the wires on the 3 pin part are swapped.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”