Body & Paint - '93 MX3-GS

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
millaj01

Body & Paint - '93 MX3-GS

Post by millaj01 »

Hi All,

Only having done basic touch up paint here and there in the past, I figured the best thing to do would be to present a couple general questions to the experts on the forum to try and avoid throwing a lot of $$ away. I'm looking at getting several rust spots taken care of as well as a repaint done on my black '93 GS. I don't need a show winner, but I want my car to look good again and last a good while longer....the winters here can be really tough on a car. I typically like doing a lot of my own work, but when it comes to paint/body, I'd prefer someone with experience do it and don't mind spending some dough.

Situation:
- Black '93 MX-3 GS with 147k miles.
- Some small fender rust spots starting to creep on. Don't want to wait longer on these.. One larger rust spot on the middle of rear hatch (this is largest spot). One larger rust spot on front portion of the sunroof.
- Will just have it repainted in black, not changing colors

Questions:
- Best way to find a good paint/body/collision shop? There's a ton of them. Who else associated with those businesses would be 'in the know' that I might get advice from and might be unbiased? (Insurance folks? Tire shops? Detailing places?) I'm in the Metro Detroit area if anyone has any specific knowledge of a good place to go. I'm assuming I'd get multiple quotes though.
- What would be a reasonable amount to expect to spend on this type of work? I honestly have no true idea.. I guess I was figuring on not wanting to spend more than the car's worth here. :D

Thanks in advance for any advice guys. Much obliged.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Body & Paint - '93 MX3-GS

Post by mitmaks »

Your best bet is to find someone who does it at home. Check out some of work they've done, talk some prices
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
millaj01

Post by millaj01 »

Huh, now there's something I hadn't really thought about before. If I can find anyone that does that kinda thing and is decent at it, that'd be a great option. Might be tricky to find, but I really appreciate the great idea.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

search local craigslist ads or maybe post it as a job.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”