moon waxs

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mccabe

moon waxs

Post by mccabe »

im looking to paint my new mx3 that i have just bought its a 93 gs se. ive looked for the topic but cant find it
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: moon waxs

Post by MrMazda92 »

Moon wax?

If you're referring to MoonEggs's Wax technique... It's called primer and no clear or base :freak:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

It's funny how legacies start... I guess this is mine... below is the process for MoonWax® (AKA Primer) :freak:

Wash car
First time using MoonWax® - wetsand with 400 grit
rinse off/wipe off residue
wetsand with 1000 grit
tape off windows, etc
spray rattle can black primer (I usually go around with 2 light coats)
let dry
wipe down with a damp cloth
dry sand with 2000 grit
wipe off dust with damp cloth
spray rattle can black primer (2 more light coats)
remove tape
done

Keep in mind that a true MoonWax® job really should be performed by Mooneggs himself. I've never seen another primer job that looked as good as mine. I have seen better flat black paint and vinyl wraps that looked better but I'm sure they cost more than $50 :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mooneggs wrote:It's funny how legacies start... I guess this is mine... below is the process for MoonWax® (AKA Primer) :freak:

Wash car
First time using MoonWax® - wetsand with 400 grit
wetsand with 1000 grit
tape off windows, etc
spray rattle can black primer (I usually go around with 2 light coats)
let dry
wipe down with a damp cloth
dry sand with 2000 grit
wipe off dust with damp cloth
spray rattle can black primer (2 more light coats)
remove tape
done

Keep in mind that a true MoonWax® job really should be performed by Mooneggs himself. I've never seen another primer job that looked as good as mine. I have seen better flat black paint and vinyl wraps that looked better but I'm sure they cost more than $50 :D
I've read it elsewhere, but would like to see it again; How long between re-applications? You're tempting ME now...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Geeze, why'd you have to make it sound so easy? -.-

At this rate, I'll have to go up to Portland and have you show me how to do it. ;)

Cold beers are on me if you accept! :D
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

It's funny because I saw this car (not sure of what make/model it's been months) that had a Moon special and all I could think of was "... Moon did it better.."
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

here is my flat black (primer spray can done last year,pics are recently) :D

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

^^^mx-3_4evr has the best MX-3 engine bay IN THE WORLD^^^ seriously...the best, cleanest engine bay anywhere ever.

The primer looks tight too man. I am working on my own version of the Moonwax...sort of. I did the first test piece last night. I look forward to unveiling it soon. Just have to do a bit of body repair first.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ok this colour seems more grey than black same as mooneggs car..
It is the primer that can not go full black?

Hmm i am jealus :love:Maybe in the future i will paint my car with primer using air paint gun :D
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

DeadMaker wrote:Ok this colour seems more grey than black same as mooneggs car..
It is the primer that can not go full black?

Hmm i am jealus :love:Maybe in the future i will paint my car with primer using air paint gun :D
flat black looks a little grayer then the standard black. plus there using primer so it fades overtime.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Has anyone successfully attempted this method with a different colour? I'm tempted, but I don't know if i want the flat black/grey colour. I'm gonna get my hands on a junker car and maybe try some different colours on different panels but I was wondering if anyones tried it yet.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

dude oh man such a sexy flat black mx with the black rims man super awesome looks great better than mooneggs lol jk jk
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

You can get any color to be flat. You add flattener to the clear coat and you'll have flat colored car with UV resistance of clear coat over the color.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mitmaks wrote:You can get any color to be flat. You add flattener to the clear coat and you'll have flat colored car with UV resistance of clear coat over the color.
That's awesome! Flat enough that minor door dings are still invisible?(or nearly so)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

mitmaks wrote:You can get any color to be flat. You add flattener to the clear coat and you'll have flat colored car with UV resistance of clear coat over the color.
That's great, I'm excited to see what colours will look good.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Appearance”