Small power, direct port nitrous on DE

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
RedAutobotMX3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Small power, direct port nitrous on DE

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

I've been considering a bottle feed for my DE and the surrounding modifications required to run it properly. Im not looking for turbo, so please don't suggest that over this; modifying the crossmember would not bode well for my AutoX sessions(and NO, i wont be spraying while cone hunting). I've done the research on wet and dry; wet obviously being safer, but still not properly balanced per cylinder depending on the VRIS. Direct port should be able to alleviate that issue by firing on each individual intake runner, correct? I'm planning on upgrading the fuel pump as well as installing a fuel pressure regulator; would millenia S injectors be an easier alternative to the Nissan injector sticky? I read that a second gen RX-7 pump might be more plug and play than getting a walbro 255 or the like? Also, I have a spare DE intake manifold, so drilling and tapping for the fuel/nitrous fittings shouldn't be an issue, but im not sure what kind of angle or how far up the runner to install. My goals are, minimal, with a 25hot being the most used, ranging up to beyond 50 for the drag strip but nothing over 70(depending on nozzles obviously). That being said, i've heard that direct port is alot more efficient than a dry kit, and usually show gains higher than the indicated shot number when compared to the dry variation. I will be speaking with a few local gear heads that I have known to install a successful NOS kit on their cars for experience and sage real world application.

Most kits i see online that say "direct port" only come with one fitting and usually nozzles that are way higher than the numbers im looking to push. For this reason, I may end up piecing the kit together from various different sources as to custom set up for my needs. This would include but im looking for other necessities here:
1 bottle large enough to spray 5-10 times depending on the size of the shot(10lbs?)
brackets and mounting hardware
bottle heater
nitrous line pressure regulators and purge valves/system
6fuel/nitrous fittings for each runner
varying small spray nozzles(25,35,50, MAYBE 75)
aforementioned fuel upgrades
bottle/line pressure guage
WOT/analog button switch
possible kill switch for engine
ofcourse fuel/NO2 line,washers, couplers etc
Suggestions?
Megasquirt would follow to help control fuel and such, but wouldnt be available for a while unless im advised its absolutely necessary to run this kind of set up.

My intention is to spend the money and not skimp out with chinsey ebay parts, and to accessorize with a nice LED/nitrous purge combo for looks to add to the whole affair. I'm taking it very seriously and am just now in the planning stages, so please dont think im looking to jump gung ho into something im not very familiar with. Any links or write up concerning HP calculation and common misconceptions/solid info about nitrous(IE no FnF crap, s--- doesnt explode green!) would be highly appreciated. I know i have seen pics of members with the direct port set up, just show yourselves and id be happy to PM and such.

Cheers! :freak:
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Small power, direct port nitrous on DE

Post by Josh »

The DE will handle it fine, but i would only go to 50shot for longevity of your motor. It is way easer to go with a WET kit vs a DRY. Direct or fogger it doesent matter. WET is always better unless you have a fuel management system. with the Dry kit you will have to reprogram your system to increase the fuel delivery to match the needs of the NOS. so you might need bigger injectors if you were to go with the 50. My advice would be to get the couple of extra things you will need to complete the kit as a wet kit as its a lot safer and more streatable.
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

The direct port kits are wet kits. They inject fuel as well as the NO2 into each cylinder, however, instead of spraying it all in with a TB spacer or some such apparatus.
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

I found the walbro 255 to be easy to install. No modification needed iirc
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

RedAutobotMX3 wrote:The direct port kits are wet kits. They inject fuel as well as the NO2 into each cylinder, however, instead of spraying it all in with a TB spacer or some such apparatus.
No not true, you have direct port kits and fogger kits, both come in either wet or dry. TB, and mani spacers are typically used on a carborater set up.

SO kit types
- DRY KIT: this is NOS ONLY no extra fuel is added, typically always seen with an additional fuel source via piggy back, or stand alone to compensate for the mixture.
- WET KIT: This is NOS and FUEL being injected into the fogger at the same time premixing before they enter the cylinder. the safe and reliable rout.
they come in...
- Direct port: this means that you have individual foggers for each cylinder, typically drilled and tapped into the intake runners. in either wet or dry fogger systems
- Fogger: typically only one fogger tapped into the intake before the TB unless a TB plate is being used then it would be after, but premixing with the air to equally distribute to each cylinder. also comes in both wet and dry

You need to drill and tap your runners, thats the best way. Remember that if your running 50 shot tips and its direct port then your really going to be running 150 shot setup.
mazpr
antispam: No

Post by mazpr »

50 shot
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

That'd actually be pretty fun, having a little extra kick once in a while, but I'd be tempted to use it too often. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ensure you get a kit with all the safety switches. RPM cut out etc....

And rember from FnF, too much is a danger to your manifold. Hahahahahaha
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:ensure you get a kit with all the safety switches. RPM cut out etc....

I never could figure out wtf he meant by that :lol: I've watched that movie maybe 3 times ever, but it stuck with me, how completely useless that line was :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

MrMazda92 wrote:
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:ensure you get a kit with all the safety switches. RPM cut out etc....

I never could figure out wtf he meant by that :lol: I've watched that movie maybe 3 times ever, but it stuck with me, how completely useless that line was :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYf5OIQG8XA
maybe he thought it was a cobalt :lol: :lol: :lol:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Thats a slow a-- cobalt...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ryan wrote:Thats a slow a-- cobalt...
Don't DE'd MX-3s run about that? :lol: He's NO2'd? His car did him a favor. Now he can drop in a 6'er, and lose that 4 banger.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Forced Induction”