MAF sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: MAF sensor

Post by Daninski »

:D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_lithium_
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by _lithium_ »

:crying:
Ok, I thought I found a vac leak (one of the vacuum chambers had a plastic piece that a hose plugs onto that broke off and I JB'ed it back on) but still hear hissing around Cylinder 1 in that general area but can't pin point it. Should the two solenoids that sit on the back of the engine be moving that arm that goes into them when the engine is rev'ed? because I rev'ed it by hand on the throttle and they didn't move at all.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

One moves around 4200rpm the other around 5800 I think. There is a vac line that plugs in on the very back of the intake below those check that. You;ll need to use a light to see it.

Why don't you take a couple of close up pics of the back of the intake manifold as best as you can and we'll see if we can see anything wrong. I have lots of pics but unless you know what your looking for they wouldn't be much help to you.
Last edited by Daninski on April 26th, 2011, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Yeah I looked down it and the hose looks in good condition besides being stiff, what is the green circular thing it plus in?
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Wait I was talking about the hose that comes out of the intake mani and goes past the Cyl 1 spark plug wire

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”