Center consol trim

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Posey24
antispam: No

Center consol trim

Post by Posey24 »

Have a 92 manual and I can't figure out how to take off the trim that comes from the center vents down around the stick. It's two pieces but it seems like there are hidden screws in the center by the adh tray where the two meet. Any tips. Thx
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Center consol trim

Post by mikeinaus »

theres 2 screws at the top of it under the vents, and if i remember correctly there MAY be one or 2 under the ashtray. its not the easiest thing to get on or off, especially without removing the entire paneling by the shifter. however if you play with it long enough you should be able to pop it out. getting it back on is the hard part, be prepared to spend at least 30min of fiddling with it to get it back into position.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

THeres 2 under the vents then press down on your ashtray lid and pull it out at the same time by pulling on the lid. THeres two screws behind there and presto its out :mrgreen:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

mikeinaus wrote:theres 2 screws at the top of it under the vents, and if i remember correctly there MAY be one or 2 under the ashtray. its not the easiest thing to get on or off, especially without removing the entire paneling by the shifter. however if you play with it long enough you should be able to pop it out. getting it back on is the hard part, be prepared to spend at least 30min of fiddling with it to get it back into position.
mike is right on here. take off the shifter console trim first to get to the bottom screws on the stereo and hvac trim. it takes less time to do this than it does to try and work around it. i want to say it's just four screws, two on the front sides, two on the back.
Ruffles
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ruffles »

Yup so those 4 screw, also if you are having a hard time getting it out even after removing those 4 screws you can try removing the front screws on each side of the center console that goes over the e-brake. Than gently pull up on it and this will let the trim that goes around the shifter to have more play making the center trim come out no problem. hope that helps
Less QQ More VROOM VROOM

Return to “Appearance”