Master window switch for 92 mx-3

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
tiffanyr824
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Master window switch for 92 mx-3

Post by tiffanyr824 »

My hubby has a 92 mx3 and his master window switch has completely broken, now he is unable to roll down both windows in his car. His air conditioning is out also. His mx3 is a work car that is saving us from a car payment at the moment.
I wanted to find out where I could get a used, but working master window switch

I've looked online and the cheapest I've found so far is $121 bucks, we just can't afford that right now.

Anyone know of a good place to find a cheap one or have one that they want to give away? :P

Thanks so much! :crying:
Newfie_dan

Re: Master window switch for 92 mx-3

Post by Newfie_dan »

post it in the wanted to buy section you can get one off there for cheaper than that. I have a spare but I am not sure if its the same connector as I think they may have changed it somewhere through the years.
tiffanyr824

Post by tiffanyr824 »

Thank you!! :D
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

IIRC 92-96 connectors are all the same, I have a 92 switch in my 94. I think the diff is some are AUTO and some are non auto (newer years?)
tiffanyr824

Post by tiffanyr824 »

My hubby said that his doesn't have the 'auto' function on his...do we have to have one that is non-auto?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

No, you can use a auto one, much handier. I think my old one was non auto, that sucked so I swapped
tiffanyr824

Post by tiffanyr824 »

Thank you! :wink:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

There is a difference between the early model window switch and the newer 95-96 switches. If you use a new switch it won't power your passenger side window. There is a post here on modifying the newer switch to work and I'll see if I can find it and I'll put a link here for you.

Edit. Here it is. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
tiffanyr824

Post by tiffanyr824 »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

you should look into exactly what the problem is... i made that faq when i switched over to the 95 switch, which i've been using ever since. the driver's side has been having intermittent problems for some time now, and i finally got around to taking the whole thing apart and found that there was MASSIVE carbon buildup on the switch contacts from the sparking whenever a connection is made.

cleaned it off and good as new, not a dollar spent.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Daninski wrote:There is a difference between the early model window switch and the newer 95-96 switches. If you use a new switch it won't power your passenger side window. There is a post here on modifying the newer switch to work and I'll see if I can find it and I'll put a link here for you.

Edit. Here it is. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good info, I didn't know that :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey anytime solosex dude. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

solo_ryder wrote:IIRC 92-96 connectors are all the same, I have a 92 switch in my 94. I think the diff is some are AUTO and some are non auto (newer years?)
So far as I know '93 is when the auto came out, every '93 I've driven had it... no '92s have.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

tiffanyr824 wrote:Thank you!! :D
Are you in Oregon? JW, Craigslist in Oregon has been spammed massively for this part. :P
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
ethand

Post by ethand »

well my '92 has the auto function... I think it had to do with location/spec of the model, perhaps??
Although, mine is hardly the upspec version - it has no sunroof or leather...
Is this carbon from the sparking possible on both controlls? My passenger side one is not working at the moment. It works from the drivers side, but not the passengers own controller...
I'll do a search now, see if I can find anything... If I do, I'll come back and delete this question!! :D
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”