JUST got a K8-ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Surgefilter
antispam: No

Re: JUST got a K8-ZE

Post by Surgefilter »

Just noticed the K8-ZE power output argument here. I'm 2 months late but still. :lol:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... _PRESSO%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to there, amongst other Japanese sources on the 'net, the K8-ZE produced 140bhp up until September 1993, when it got a 5bhp boost.

Nd4SpdSe wrote:.....but like I said, I can't find any information saying that the mx-3 made 144hp in stock form.
Let water find it's own level
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

what about torque? 140 its pretty sad for a car with our weight tho. I still say klde is better bang for the buck, more torque. Me having a kfze in the past would know.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

hgallegos915 wrote:what about torque? 140 its pretty sad for a car with our weight tho. I still say klde is better bang for the buck, more torque. Me having a kfze in the past would know.
+1

The DE has better HP/torque compared to the K8ZE and theyre easier to find. Plus, if you're talking about changing out the harness/ecu and such to convert your vehicle to obd2, it seems like it would be more difficult and costly to swap in the K8ZE than the KLDE... AND you're getting less power (even if it was 140).

If you're looking for better performance and are swapping engines, a klde would just make sense. If you're going to put forth the effort in tracking down the obd2 parts and such, you'd be better off tracking down a true KLZE IMHO.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Surgefilter wrote:Just noticed the K8-ZE power output argument here. I'm 2 months late but still. :lol:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... _PRESSO%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to there, amongst other Japanese sources on the 'net, the K8-ZE produced 140bhp up until September 1993, when it got a 5bhp boost.

Nd4SpdSe wrote:.....but like I said, I can't find any information saying that the mx-3 made 144hp in stock form.
That's the only info I've seen. Would you mind posting any other links to pages with this info? It would be nice to get multiple source confirmations
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Surgefilter

Post by Surgefilter »

Sure. Here, here and here are just a few of the sources.
Let water find it's own level
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

lol i was too lazy to find these but i've been to two of these sites before and this is where i read this info.

Since i have all your attention, I have the k8-ze swap done with obd 1 cause i just want a running fresher car. The engines internals were immaculately clean so i got luck in this sense.

But i'm having major issues with it running condition. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"M SUPER PISSED!!! lol k

I have replaced the oil pump, water pump, distributor, plugs, all gaskets (intake, valve seals, throttle body) and all parts are new from parts store. I took the intake of the K8-DE and put it on ZE for space issues ( straight neck on j-spec and hits brake reservoir) and all the vacume lines were never touched on the intake.
I removed the EGR and routed those lines accordingly into the few needed so that the throttle body draws air from the intake hoses after the air filter. So, anyway, the timing is bang on cause i checked it 3 times now. Even when i time the ignition timing witha timing light, get it to exactly (-10 degrees -,+ 1 degree) it blows small puffs caused from wrong timing through the tailpipe. WHen i drive it, the power is actually ok.

i'm throwing codes 2, 5, 26 (crank position, knock, and PRC). They only started throwing these codes after i installed the new distributor which is weird (old one is in very bad shape).

I just cant see a problem with this engine. It runs but its missing, miss firing and its alight enough to cause it to rev up and drop like a vaccume leak. Its all timing with the computer and ignition.

whats going on??
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
mikeetown

Post by mikeetown »

lol i was too lazy to find these but i've been to two of these sites before and this is where i read this info.

Since i have all your attention, I have the k8-ze swap done with obd 1 cause i just want a running fresher car. The engines internals were immaculately clean so i got luck in this sense.

But i'm having major issues with it running condition. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"M SUPER PISSED!!! lol k

I have replaced the oil pump, water pump, distributor, plugs, all gaskets (intake, valve seals, throttle body) and all parts are new from parts store. I took the intake of the K8-DE and put it on ZE for space issues ( straight neck on j-spec and hits brake reservoir) and all the vacume lines were never touched on the intake.
I removed the EGR and routed those lines accordingly into the few needed so that the throttle body draws air from the intake hoses after the air filter. So, anyway, the timing is bang on cause i checked it 3 times now. Even when i time the ignition timing witha timing light, get it to exactly (-10 degrees -,+ 1 degree) it blows small puffs caused from wrong timing through the tailpipe. WHen i drive it, the power is actually ok.

i'm throwing codes 2, 5, 26 (crank position, knock, and PRC). They only started throwing these codes after i installed the new distributor which is weird (old one is in very bad shape).

I just cant see a problem with this engine. It runs but its missing, miss firing and its alight enough to cause it to rev up and drop like a vaccume leak. Its all timing with the computer and ignition.

whats going on??
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

probably ecu or wiring

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”